Samsung smart doorlock

Hi
So I recently saw the Samsung Sds smart doorlock on smartthings device option
But there is no reviews
Any ody tried it?
It looks really good

Which model?

Up until now, the Samsung smart locks (which are made by a different division than the Samsung Smartthings Hub) were Bluetooth devices that did not work with SmartThings.

However, it’s possible that with the new V3 app, they might be compatible. They’re definitely nice locks, but it’s unlikely that people in this forum would have one since they didn’t previously work with the platform.

There are also a few Samsung SDS Zwave models, but only available on the Korean zwave frequency, so again, people in this forum would not be likely to have those.

2 Likes

The one available in the new app is zigbee

1 Like

Here’s the models

Hi
Can you tell me which model number you have. And maybe a picture of the layout of the lock on smartthings
Thanks!

I don’t have one

I believe the Samsung z-wave locks are more popular in the APAC region. There are couple of folks who’re using it with this custom DTH which supports some of the locks advanced features. Maybe you can ask on that topic about their experiences with the lock. As JD pointed out the locks in the APAC region operate on a different frequency from the US.

2 Likes

HI

here you have fully functioning with smartthings z -wave samsung door lock
I own one myslef ( i am in UK) and works beautifully !

works with standard door lock z-wave device handler and Rboy’s device handler too

1 Like

I find people who intentionally put bad information into product descriptions, as that eBay listing has done by writing “Yale“ and “Schlage“ on what is a Samsung brand, generally represent a casual attitude towards truth and product specifications that I prefer not to do business with.

Just sayin’… :wink:

In addition, that listing does not specify which zwave frequency it is using. The Z wave frequencies are different for the UK and the US, and must match your hub exactly. So again, an incomplete product description. :rage:

1 Like

it is EU frequency , in the last message i stated I am in the UK and it works wonders :slight_smile: I am really happy with this lock myself. I personally would never find that lock like this exist if i wasn’t searching for Yale door lock and this popped up ! So for I am grateful that some people using theses techniques for advertising.
Most locks available in UK and Europe are so ugly and and build quality is of the children toy. In my experience Samsung makes seriously good locks with really good quality. And they look like smart home modern lock instead of some old granny gold plated kitchen cupboard knob :wink:

Why don’t you post a separate topic in the deals category for your listing?

I posted it in response to Arabigaming who was looking for samsung lock
and in general to let people who search for samsung z-wave locks that THEY DO EXIST yes they do :slight_smile: several forums experts claiming they do not exist with EU frequency .So i thought it will be helpful. But if this post is in the breach with your rules. I am ok to remove it.

1 Like

This is good info and I’m glad to hear it’s available in the UK. Can you write up or send me a PM about the lock features and your experience and I can add this lock to the comparison table. Definitely a good option for EU.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
I just signed up because I would like to install a samsung lock.
But on the internet I see that they are all sold outside the European community.
I have read about the z-wave wifi module but I could not understand if this module must be purchased already inside the lock or if I can install it myself at a later time.
@daveboyy I’m also interested in your experience with these locks

Hi
I am in UK
If you are buying from Asia, you have to request that you need Z-wave module with EU frequency instead of wifi ( wifi module will not work in EU) Also lock needs to be reprogrammed to Z wave function ( it can only be done by Samsung authorised centre)
You will not find Samsung centres who will supply this lock in Europe or reprogram it for you so that it can work in Europe.
I know some Authorised Samsung dealer in Singapore personally who did it for me.
I personally own SAMSUNG DP-609 with Z-Wave module and I am very satisfied with quality and reliability. Also want to mention that I use it with my smartthings hub ( basic functions like open close , monitoring status of the lock)
Module is very small and can be easily removed-inserted.

I am in Italy.
I have seen locks at very low prices under € 550 on some stores such as Aliexpress, ebay and the like.
The technical characteristics are not detailed I wanted to understand which models should be purchased to enjoy their functionality
In addition, understand if the z-wave module was a permitted modification and therefore if it can be installed after purchase or if there are versions with the wifi module replaced by the seller.
Can I get the contact of the authorized Samsung dealer in Singapore?
Thanks for the support

Hi

You can google samsung dealers in Singapore there is many , The person I know its my friend and i don’t think he would like me to share his details sorry

In regards to the price you are right they are around this price, however if you want z wave module its another extra , plus someone who will reprogram the firmware to accommodate z wave module there is charge for it , plus shipping cost from Singapore and plus duty receiving in Europe its so you might have to add another 50% of the lock price n the top

@daveboyy Can you share some details on installation? If I have the door lock and the z-wave module what are the steps required to connect it to smartthings? Also does it report which rfid/passcode was used so you can detect who is opening the door?

Hi

on the module there is micro button which you need to press 3 x times quick to put it in pairing mode, procedure is same as any other z wave devices. use standard device handler works well. It does not report unfortunately which rfid or fingerprint is being used.