Samsung Home Connect will not connect to SmartThings App

I haven’t yet found a way to incorporate the current SmartThing app for iPhone or any SmartApps into the Connect Hub. So far, as a hub, it seems pretty useless. Works great for WiFi though.

1 Like

I saw this in the installation video and instructions. However, I can not see this option in my setup. This drives me crazy. I searched every where and looks like everyone has this option except me.

Any idea? Thanks

I just heard from samsung support that the samsung connect hub smartthings part is locked to work in us Canada and UK. This is a joke as I never read this any where when buying it.

I start to question samsung ability to provide solutions world wide.

Any workaround?

I spoke to a support guy about a week ago about a separate issue but while I had him on the line I asked him about the compatibility between SmartThings and Connect Home - he said that while you could pull in a ST hub into the Connect Home, it would still be considered a separate location, and the devices would essentially be isolated from any other location’s devices. So, if I had a bulb in one location and a sensor in another, I couldn’t control the bulb with the sensor. Not sure if this is an architectural issue or if that’s just how it works - but seems like a huge oversight in designing the system. Almost as if they didn’t anticipate it being as popular or people having/using as many devices in such large homes. Considering the Connect Home stuff only has one of the hubs as a ST hub, I’m wondering if it’s an architectural issue they can’t even fix?

I agree, this does not seem to have been well thought out !!!

The latest update to the hub allow it to work as both repeater for zigbee and z-wave :wink:

Here is the details steps to claims hub in SmartThings App.

1. Logging out from SmartThings App
  2. Click “New to SmartThings”
  3. Login with your Samsung Account
  4. Done, the hub will appear in IDE as well
1 Like

Sorry, I’m confused - it allows the Connect Home hub to act as a repeater for both, or the SmartThings hub? If the Connect Home would act like a repeater it would be awesome - especially if all of them would act like repeaters.

Wifi mesh is given. The latest firmware update enable it to act as repeater for both zigbee and zwave

1 Like

Interesting, mine doesn’t appear to want to turn on as a ST hub anymore - is this functionality automatic? Is there somewhere I can find more information on this? Thanks!

I would suggest you contact the support

I moved the question I had here to a new topic. It’s not directly connected to this topic and more people will probably see/respond if it’s not buried 32 messages down a semi-related topic.

That worked great THANKS!
Will the connect hub have same features and options like the ST v2 hub?
I have noticed that the FW on the Connect hub is 17… not 20 like the ST hub