Samsung Connect Tag

Hopefully these will work very well but I can’t see myself paying $7 per month for it.

I have a GPS that I use when I travel (just in case someone steals my luggage) it works in pretty much any county for $30 a year!

1 Like

what gps service is that cheap?

I’m not sure what you are referring to, and what the statement means. If you are referring to the tags, are you saying initially (in Korea) they won’t work with SmartThings, but you all will have it done, when it is released to the US.

Lugloc is in that price range.

Most of the other GPS tracker devices I know are $40 - $90 a year.

And lugloc isn’t using a real GPS chip, it’s just using GSM cellular triangulation.

LugLoc uses Cell-Tower Connected Technology, which is more reliable indoors than GPS chips, to track luggage in airports, due to unstable or direct connection to GPS satellites in the sky. You’ll see a small radius on a map displaying location. While not “exact” like traditional GPS chipset devices, you’ll know where your luggage is at all times, keeping your journey alive.

Also, I’m not sure that with LugLoc you can get border crossing event notification, I think you can just request a poll.

1 Like

You must’ve been an early adopter. :sunglasses: Current service prices for Vectu are $50 a year.

Device shipped with an installed SIM card and includes 2 days of service at no cost. Service after that at the low cost of $15.00 / quarter or $50.00 prepaid annually. No Activation Fee

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Vehicle-Tracking-Real-time-Motorcycles/dp/B01HEVFMSC/

Got grandfathered into the plan…but even $50 is reasonable.

1 Like

I’m allergic to subscriptions but $30/year I could probably deal with, $50 no sir. I have a cheap android phone on a free freedomPop plan, I’ll give that a try. Battery life could be an issue but I guess I could keep it plugged into a power brick. A simple little tag that only needs charged once a week is starting to sound nice…

This is similar to what I am going to use :point_down: but you can also buy just the SIM for around $7