Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.52.21

There is an extended discussion regarding this issue here. The last update for the ST hub portion of this device was last July and would not have been responsible for affecting the Wi-Fi portion of the device. And yes, multiple people are experiencing the issue, including myself.

1 Like

i got it on my v3ā€¦ i found out because i had to troubleshoot why some of my virtual switches disappeared off my android app

The v3 received this version back in early April.

1 Like

Hi NB-SmartHome , as h0ckeysk8er pointed out, there is already a discussion going on about the Plume/HomePass issue and I too had a hard time finding it.I still have a ticket opened with Support about this issue and was asked yesterday to grant access to my hub, so Support can look at it. I`ve also supplied a dev log for them as well. Needless to say that my current LAN configuration is less than optimal ( 1 gateway and 2 satellites hubs reconnecting in ways that never occured in the past 4 years I had this system in place) , having a lot of devices disconnect/reconnect since the issue started in early Jan 2024, which is very annoying :melting_face:

My V3 just received the automatic firmware update on May 22.

But this thread is on the Samsung Connect Home and SmartThings Wifi hub with Plume firmware updates. The v3 hub firmware is unrelated and completely separate to this firmware update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oops, similar name and same firmware number. hopefully you guys can get a decent hub someday.

Where do I see the firmware version? If I go to my Hub in Devices, select it, press the three dots and Informationā€¦ I get v1.7.04.00034, not the version taled about in the change log.

I have the ST WiFi hub

check the Advanced Web App

3 Likes

I have to go to ā€œUse Smartthings Hub,ā€ then ā€œManage Smartthings Hub,ā€ and at that point I can get the firmware version from the three-dots menu.

3 Likes

Both ways worked thanks

1 Like

This is great, however - not I cannot get into my IOS apps at all, it will not even let me sign in - I get ā€œServer error, check back laterā€. I have unplugged my hub, deleted app/added back in - nothing works.

After playing with app for another 30 minutes, all the sudden it let me log in.

Anyone else not able to get their hub to work at all after updating?

I just got updated and some zwave devices went offline. Letā€™s see if the come back.

I have the 3 pack of Samsung connect Wi-Fi hubs. Looks like they were updated but one remains offline after rebooting (power cycling) it several time. Is this still being worked, is there a solution coming? Also have a few devices offline, just waitingā€¦ Thanks

1 Like

Is this still being worked, is there a solution coming?

Well, this is interesting since the AWA still says that hubReplaceAvailability is still Unavailable and it says Hub replace is unavailable in the mobile app.

Hub replace is unavailable for moving TO a WiFi router hub (ā€œthe new hubā€).

I believe it will be available for moving FROM those models (ā€œ The original hubā€œ), but it wonā€™t show as available until you have an eligible target hub added to your account. Do you have a V3 or station on the account now?

Not yet. Iā€™ve been thinking of adding a Station at my other house so maybe Iā€™ll get one here and see if it thinks Iā€™d be eligible then.

Thanks!

1 Like