Samsung Connect App

That’s not what I was looking to accomplish- I want to use the ST app, and not the SC app.

In the end, I figured how to use the SC hubs with the ST app using the SAME email address for both ST & SC.

1. Reset my SC hubs.
  2. Signed out of SC app.
  3. In the SC app, I created a new Samsung account (with the same email used for a ST account).
  4. Added the SC hubs to SC app.
  5. Enabled ST on all the hubs in the SC app.
  6. Signed out of ST app, chose “I’m a new customer”, then picked create “Samsung” account. (Important Note: If you select “Existing user”, it will never log in with the password credentials you just created for the Samsung account since the standard ST login will authenticate your email address/password in the the ST user database instead of the Samsung Connect one.)
  7. Signed into new Samsung account created in step 3.
  8. Tada! I found all three SC hubs in the ST app.
2 Likes

Thank you so much for the detail answer.

I could not find the connect home hub on the ST app due to: You have selected a new location instead of your existing Location (known as a ‘Place’ in Connect).

When I downloaded the ST app it automatically set TV as my location. What I did is as Brad’s suggest:

1. Log in using same Samsung account email/pw
  2. Press the 3 bars on the left top
  3. Select “Home”
  4. and the hub is already there

Feel so stupid now since it had stressed me for two days.

1 Like

Hi,

How can I connect my HUB and devices to Samsung Connect ?

Thanks.

when I go to the Samsung Connect app and search for devices. I only see Samsung devices listed under Add Device Manually. How do I get the “hub” option so I can add ST to it? Thanks.

so ?
can not ?

there are 2 ways:

1. wait. Supposedly Samsung connect and smartthings devices will be available in both apps simultaneously soon. So you login to smartthings and see all your devices, then login to Samsung connect and see the same exact devices with no resets necessary.

2. Reset your hub and all your devices. Then add them to the Samsung connect app one by one by choosing “add device” from Samsung Connect (SC) app. They will not be in smartthings any more and you will lose all automatons, smart apps etc.Then one day, the devices will show up in smartthings app, without the automations you had previously.

the rub: some devices you add to Samsung connect right now show up in smartthings right away if you use the same samsung account to login to samsung connect and smarrthings and your same samsung smartthings account was created in the last 6 months or so, and you choose to login to the smarrthings app by choosing your samsung account (citation needed).

Some users have the same email for smarrthings and samsung account but the accounts are still separate currently. Those 2 accounts don’t share devices between SC and ST, but they do have locations they can switch between quickly. In my case, I have a separate location that shows up with devices I’ve added to samsung connect with my samsung account and a separate location that uses my smartthings login account, I switch between them in the menu of the smartthings app. So for those devices, I can see them in smarrthings and samsung connect simultaneously. There is BETA going on currently that is trying to merge those types of accounts and even ones that don’t have the same email.

2 Likes

If you joined SmartThings after May of this year, try logging into Samsung Connect with the same credentials. And if you have iOS enjoy force closing it every time when it become unresponsive. :rage:

2 Likes

actually I have different accounts for Samsung account on my phone and Smartthings. Emails are different.
But I want to merge them.
Only issue is that I don’t want to lose Samsung Health data. How can I change the email address of the Samsung account ?

I assume , if I change Samsung account email address, ST and Samsung Connect will merge eventually , as you stated in option 1.
(well, hopefully)

merge operation was asked here:

and the answer is :

"You’ll need to call in directly and speak with our SmartThings team. "

which number should I call ?

1 Like

good question. According to the samsung help website you can change your samsung email address. If you chose the same email as the smartthings login, at least you could automate those samsung connect devices in webcore with the old smartthings login.

You may have to sign in to smartthings with your samsung account (you’ll be prompted after login) one time to activate your location. Then possibly sign out of the smartthings app and sign in with your smartthings email and password and choose smartthings account when prompted after login. I would only do these steps if the samsung connect location doesn’t show up as a new “home” location in the top menu of the smartthings app when you open it after changing your samsung email address.

Anyway, if you’re brazen enough to give it a go, please let me know how it went :smile:

disclaimer: Samsung logic is circular.

I have successfully changed my email address on my Samsung account. Now both ST and Samsung accounts have the same email address.
I also logged in with my Samsung account as you suggest. But nothing happened. That account only has a Home location , no devices added.

I also dis something else; I added my Samsung account from my ST account as a user to the ST app. Now if I login through Samsung account to ST, I can see all devices.
But they still don’t show up in Samsung Connect. What should I do ?

btw, how can I do :

"You’ll need to call in directly and speak with our SmartThings team. "
which number should I call ?

good call to add the user to the location! i actually remember granting my wife access to my location in smartthings then having her invite my email to manage her location(which made the devices show up in my smartthings app under the new samsung location while logged into my smartthings acct.)

i totally forgot to mention that important part!

also that excerpt was posted by me in September : I did call but got mostly the option to wait for the merger or start over. the rep said to factory reset fridge and TV after he claimed he removed them from my samsung connect on the backend. then he said to add them to smartthings. this did not work at all. setting up the tv again was painful.

the number is 1 (800) SAMSUNG
actually I think I used live chat instead.

my post from September :

Samsung Electronics America - 18 Sep 17
How to merge Samsung Connect and Smartthings

“My smartthings account was created before I was able to use my Samsung account as my smartthings account. They have the same email address. How/When can I merge these so they are the same account? There are 50+ devices on my smartthings account, and…”

btw, let’s assume that I have a new account and I am willing to remove my devices from ST.
How shall I add (for example) a motion sensor to Samsung Connect ? , I can’t see any motion sensor type to add ?

2nd:
let’s assume I am a new user. I create my account and I want to add (for example) a ST hub and sensors connected to it to Samsung Connect. How do I do that ?
currently I only see following device types to add :
TV
AV
Washing machine

where can I find ST hub , and sensors to add on the app ?

Just open the samsung connect app. Sign in under settings from the 3 dot menu on the top right. choose “devices” on the bottom menu. There should be a blue button in the middle of the screen that says “add devices.”

There is a drop down menu on the 2nd half of the screen if you hit the down arrow that exposes all the different devices you can add, like motion sensors, hubs, etc.

!
!

this is getting weird.
I don’t see any sensors or hubs in that section.

Then I realize…
I am not living in US. My samsung accounts have country set to Turkey.
And Samsung does not support these devices out of US.
So maybe Samsung does not show these devices in Samsung Connect if the account is set to something other than US.

How can I change my account’s country setting ?

this is getting weird.
I don’t see any sensors or hubs in that section.

Then I realize…
I am not living in US. My samsung accounts have country set to Turkey.
And Samsung does not support these devices out of US.
So maybe Samsung does not show these devices in Samsung Connect if the account is set to something other than US.

How can I change my account’s country setting ?

Good question!

It looks like Turkey is supported.

but Smartthings in Turkey is not supported (that’s the only reason that I could find about why I can’t see any hub or sensor to be added in Samsung Connect)

1 Like

Does SC work with alexa? because none of my devices that are paired with the app are being discovered by alexa only the devices connected to my ST hub

Hi all, I bought Connect Home pro from eBay. I live in Asia.
I found that Samsung account if you are outside US. You must delete it and re-create it and choose US country. The the Connect Home have enable SmartThings Hub options

1 Like