Ring app on smart fridge constantly recording using widget

I have recently discovered what I believe to be either a bug or unintended function. When using the Ring app on Samsung smart fridge, if one chooses to use the video feed widget, when the Ring doorbell is rung, the widget forces the Ring doorbell to record. In the Ring app, you can choose the video recording length from anywhere between 50-120 seconds (mine is set to 60, which is the default). During that time the Ring doorbell will not respond to a second ring attempt. There is no matching setting that I could find in SmartThings.

There is, however a maximum limit of how long a Ring doorbell will record which is 12 minutes. If using the widget, all ring doorbell events will record for the full 12 minutes, meaning that the doorbell will not respond to another ring event for that period of time. It seems to ignore the video recording length set in the Ring app. My doorbell is the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2. Is this normal?

Hi There,

I am having exactly the same issue, once someones rings the bell the app opens in the fridge in the view mode and it does not close. This is consuming the battery real quick, I have exactly the same Ring Version.

Did you find a fix?

I’m having the same issue. Someone rings the doorbell, the app opens on the fridge, and stays open, and it never closes. This isn’t so bad if you are standing at the fridge, and can close the app. But if we are not home, it is streaming the video nonstop, and killing battery on the doorbell. HELP!!!

Happening to me as well. What is the solution for this? Totally annoying when we had a Labor Day party and people arriving and not being able to get the doorbell to ring since the fridge was still locked up on the first time someone rang the doorbell.

Hi,

Any updates on this? Having the same issue, it’s only been doing this for the last few weeks.

I have just replaced my Nest doorbell with a Ring one and I’m having the same issue. One ring of the doorbell pops up the feed on the video which is great, however it does not time out so any subsequent presses of the doorbell do nothing at all. They do not signal my phone or the Ring chime. The fridge literally locks the doorbell out until it’s acknowledged on the family hub.

I’ve raised a ticket with Support as this might not get an answer here.

Hello, did you get a solution to this issue?

The answer is yes and no. Samsung did eventually fix the issue (at least for me). But the last Tizen update for refrigerators from several months back broke it again. At the time, in the release notes Samsung acknowledged the issue and stated that a fix will be issued in a future update, but as of the time of this post that has not happened yet.

Ok thank you. When was the update the broke it again released?