Rheem EcoNet

Hmm… alright, so it’s only mode setting that isn’t working. It sure looks like rheem changed something. They’re still accepting “coolSetPoint” but “mode” returns 400. That was working for most of the last year.

It looks like Rheem updated the api url for setting thermostat mode.

rather than simply:
https://econet-api.rheemcert.com/equipment/<equipement id>

as it was previously, it’s now:
https://econet-api.rheemcert.com/equipment/<equipment id>/modes

I’ve updated the Thermostat SmartApp and its working again. I was also able to use this new url pattern to get the fanMode tile working too. That was the last piece of the DH that wasn’t working, though its a little weird. You have to set the thermostat Mode to “Fan Only” in the Thermostat Mode tile, then set the speed in the fanMode tile.

Whatever. I never use this functionality myself. I just needed one more tile to fill the grid.

This may be a silly question, but I implemented your Rheem Hybrid code and have another request. I just recently installed an 11kW Solar Panel System on the house. I only want the Water Heater to come on between 9am and 7pm. How can I set something up to turn it off at 7pm and turn it back to Heat Pump only at 9am.
Trying to only have my water heater work when solar is producing. Thanks Again!

I use webcore to turn my water heater off after 9 PM. And back on in the morning.

I am a newb and have manged to install Webcore…can you send me some sample code for the piston? I appreciate ya! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Brian! I really appreciate you. That is a really advanced script! I love it.

Just an FYI…I was not able to switch the modes between Heat Pump, Off, etc…

On the SmartApps code…you need to add /modes to the string

apiPut("/equipment/$childDevice.deviceNetworkId

This is around line 211. That section should look like this when you are done.

def setDeviceMode(childDevice, mode) {
log.info “setDeviceEnabled: $childDevice.deviceNetworkId $enabled”
if (login()) {
apiPut("/equipment/$childDevice.deviceNetworkId/modes", [
body: [
mode: mode,
]
])
}
}
}

Is it just me or has this stopped working again? Updated to latest code but still can only adjust temp – can’t set mode. I am using iPhone if that makes a difference.

Duh. I made the change that @XfactorRoid suggested above I’m good to go.

Thanks. Will try reading next time.

I install the SmartApp and am able to set the temperature. I can set to Energy Saver mode. But I am having problem to set to Heat Pump Only mode. The debug log shows

12:34:29 AM: debug API Error: groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Bad Request
12:34:29 AM: debug apiPut: [uri:https://econet-api.rheemcert.com, path:/equipment/…/modes, headers:[Authorization:Bearer …], requestContentType:application/json, body:[mode:Heat Pump Only]]

What went wrong?

When I set the mode to Heat Pump Only through Rheem EcoNet app, the SmartApp displays as EnergySaver mode.

Look at the logs and change the modes locally on the water heater. Then you should be able to determine the names of all the models. It could be that Rheem has changed their firmware.

Hi ArstenA, Thanks for the reply. I find the word “Only” has been removed. After making the following changes in Device Handlers, everything works fine:

Heat Pump Only -> Heat Pump
Electric-Only -> Electric

Interesting. I will have to check out mine.

Hi,

By any chance, is this still working? If so, would you mind posting the code? I can’t seem to get my Rheem EcoNet to switch modes using Smartthings. Thanks!

You mean this code?

Hi,

I’m not sure that code works anymore, but I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

Do these directions still apply? I followed them to create the SmartApp and DH, and tried adding the App via classic ST app on Android. I put in my username and password, click next, and just get a blank screen with a save button. If I click the save button, I get “Error - bad state. Unable to complete page configuration.”

I would have thought I would need to add this device first before adding the Smart App, but wasn’t sure how to do that, and since I didn’t see it listed in these directions, I figured it wasn’t necessary.

I went way back through this thread, but didn’t see anything that would help. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mine still works, but I haven’t messed with in in a long time. I’m a little scared to.

I am getting this error in IDE under Mysmart apps using the simulator
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException