Request: Aqara TRV radiator thermostat E1 edge driver

Hi, I am looking for an edge driver for the Aqara TRV E1.
I got it to work with basic functionality by adding a fingerprint to the stock zigbee thermostat driver and by removing all capabilities from the profile that don’t work. Unfortunately my technical expertise ends there.
So for now I only got the current temperature (which does not seem to update reliably) and the heating setpoint.

What is missing:

• assign external temperature sensor
  • enable/disable window detection mode
  • turn off and on (mode)

Anyone willing to help with a driver? I can help with testing and sending logs and so on.

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo may be able to help or already included the devices fingerprint in one of his drivers

I’m sorry, I don’t know how this device works, what clusters and attributes it uses

See the following thread for discussion of the specific issues with the E1 devices. As originally designed, they require a specific message from the hub at the time of joining and the smartthings hub does not send that.

However, aqara themselves have been releasing some edge drivers that handle this situation. But not yet for all models.

Supporting new E1 Aqara devices

2 Likes

I contacted Aqara the other day asking if they would make the Aqara Thermostat E1 compatible with smartthings in the future. This was their reply;

"I’m sorry to hear about your issue.

Our Aqara Radiator Thermostat is not compatible with the Smartthings app and at this time we do not have a specific date on when or if this will happen."

Looks like they have it going in zigbee2mqtt https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/13993