Replacement Hub not recognized

(Kevin) #1

My first hub died so got it replaced. Now in my SmartThings mobile app it just says “your hub is offline”, and I don’t see how to delete my old hub and add my new one.

(Bob) #2

You could try uninstalling/installing the app.
Then when you login to the newly installed app, you should get the option to login to existing or new account. (I think). :slight_smile:
Open a new account to your new hub.
Like I say, not tried it but it might work.

(Kevin) #3

OK, I had uninstaleld / reinstalled the app, but used the same account.

My account is tied to my email address so guess I have to use another email account?

(Bob) #4

Yes. I’m afraid so.
When I went from V1 to V2 I had to use a different email address.
If you are not in a hurry to set it up, you could get in touch with support. They will then (hopefully) delete your existing account so that you can use the email address again.

(Ray) #5

You don’t have to use another email for a new hub. You can add another hub to the same account and just give it another name. I have two hub and hub 1 is location 1 and hub 2 is location 2.
All you have to do is go into the SmartThings app and add a location. It will then ask you to tie it to a new hub if you have one. After that you can delete the old hub or just leave it.

(Bernie H) #6

Yup I have a V1 and V2 on the same email. No issues.

(Kevin) #7

Thanks, I was able to add a new location and also had to call to get my code. They answered within a few minutes and was resolved in just another few minutes. Had to take a pic of the back of the hub and email it to them.