Reolink IP Cameras

This shows up in the ST app and I’ve also used the same to show on smarttiles

I’ve got 6 cameras connected to my NVR. I am able to intermittently get my first camera to pop up but, I’m unsure how to add a second camera. I tried using //h264Preview_02_main but it doesn’t seem to work. Does anyone know the trick? I feel like I overlooked it.

Also, how have people who have this DH and SmartApp set up been using this within their ecosystem? I saw the ability to feed it into action tiles. What else have people done with the streams?

Are you able to configure RTSP feed in ActionTiles?

I recently started down the ST road after having the Reolink Argus and RLC-410WS. In a perfect world on motion alert the 410WS could trigger a light switch to come on. Has anyone had luck going down this path?

I have done this with my Reolink cameras, but i have them setup on my Synology Diskstation.

I then use the Diskstation connect Smart app to link them to SmartThings. I can then get SmartThings to capture an image when motion is detected.

I also use Core to turn on the outside lights if motion is detected at night time. Works well for me.

Do you use the Reolink NVR, too? I’m curious how that would factor into this solution. I may try this with my Synology, too.

No, I use the Diskstation as the NVR, using the the Synology Surveillance Station.

Your link connect?

Well, has anyone created specific device handlers for these? I’m new to this landscape, and I was a previous owner of reolink products before this thread existed, but ended up returning the devices due to the lack of smartthings integration, plus the native app kept crashing so it was useless. Hopefully, things have improved. My only gripe was the motors on the cameras were too noisy to be in a bedroom.
I’m curious how these cameras compare to Samsung hd plus that are out now that are static 1080l. I can’t imagine how they could be any comparison.

In any case, it has been almost a year, anyone made progress making an actual device handler?
Thanks!

Happy New Year to All
I am purchasing Reolink cams for my house. I am not hmm experienced enough to program an app to integrate this to my smartthings. would any lend a hand
Martin

I wouldn’t even bother trying. I’ve yet to see a need for it.

I have Synology and Reolink and am interested if lights can be turned on with motion sense through cams. I am converting from IRIS to ST 2018 as we speak. Hoping to learn how to accomplish that and more. First post ever…

Hello Julian Keates,

I am currently on vera edge coupled with their camera and it sucks. I want to change my whole set-up but, I want to know if you have installed an SD card in the reolink camera and if you were able to view stored footage via the smartthings hub.

I know this is an old post but, I cannot find a lot of info.

Thank you
Christian

At the end of 2018 Reolink announced that IFTTT compatibility will be introduced in 2019. Looking forward to it.

DrJulian Keates,

I have a reolink system with NVR. Have you had issues with setting up the generic video camera app with Smartthings. I follow the directions and the apps show up in myapps and not security folder, i add the stream and nothing shows up.

I have a a few 511W cameras. Anyone use these successfully with ST?

I have all my Reolink RLC and C1/C2 series cameras working (inlcuding PTZ functions) using the Generic Video Cam device handler available on this community.

Can I ask what steam URL format your are using?

can you explain your config please? I have C1 and I m unable see it with using the Generic Video Cam device handler…

Would love to hear how anyone used their REOLINK with ST? Or even how to use a stream URL with ActionTiles.

Ive yet to get a Stream video to work, because there is no MJPEG output, only H264/RTSP