[RELEASE] zooZ Power Strip ZEN20

Ran into an issue last week that I am not sure can be resolved with this device type. We lost power in the house so the power strip turned off. When the power came back on the power strip did not turn back on. This becomes an issue depending on what you have plugged in (i.e. freezer).

Use webCoRE to monitor a power outage. Make a rule that says If power goes out, once restored, turn on power strip
wait 10 minutes
turn on power strip.

Make a backup Piston that says, if power strip is off. then turn on. Follow up with Piston every hour.

Just installed webCoRE and not sure how to monitor for power outage. I did create a piston to say if it is off turn it on

It’s under Virtual Devices. Assumes that if the HUB is on battery power, then there must be a power outage
webCoRE is Super Cool! You will get the most out of ST using it to create your own recipes.

I was wondering if I would use my Amazon Echo Dot to control each of the 5 outlets on this?

Yes. Using the DTH and sync app listed above, you have access to all 5 outlets separately.

Is there an update version for the zooZ Power Strip? I am having many issues with this handler, device was already replaced by @TheSmartestHouse. The current problem is: Ch1 is physically on, it shows as off for over a week in SmartThings. Off commands are being sent via WebCore to it every hour now but it stays physically on. Strip is 1ft away from HUB.

EDIT:
WebCore actually wasn’t sending off commands every hours because of a “command optimization” feature was on. It was seeing the device as “off” and therefore was avoiding more “off” commands. However, no matter what I did, I could not refresh it’s status in SmartThings Classing app or IDE to match physical status (e.g. Chan 1 was really ON). Basically been having similar issues since day one, just never used as often as I do now.

I haven’t had any issues with the handler, but you can try the one that SmartThings wrote for it. It should be in your list in the IDE. You just have to go select it.

Hi I have a Zooz Z-Wave Plus S2 Power Strip ZEN20 VER. 2.0 with a smattimgs v2 hub I was forced to the new app the outlet are not showing as a switch so I can not control with voice what can i do?
as i was try to fix this i have removed the power strip but when i put it bake it shows as one plug i have both dth?

The new Google/Alexa integrations can’t see child devices, so they cannot control the individual outlets. The workaround is to create virtual switches then use the SmartApp “Smart Lighting” to “Mirror behavior”. In my case I had a device named 3D Printer, I created a virtual device with the same name but appended a period to the end, you could name it whatever you want though.

I’m not too sure about though. My Aqara double rocker zigbee switch uses a child device and it’s in Alexa and it’s controllable via voice. It may depend on what DTH the child device is using?

Over 50% of my child switches show up in Alexa.

1 Like

Unless something changed recently, when smartthings released a “new and improved” integration with Google and Alexa a couple months ago that broke child devices, the ability to control locks, and one or two more things. Unless you unlink and relinked your integration you’re still using the older fully functional voice control integration. Per an email i just got, ST will be forcing all user over to the new integration in September.

Honestly, I understand ST is trying to transition us as best they can, but these “Improvements” that keep reducing functionality and break existing controls are really souring me to the platform.

This device handler is rather old and doesn’t use child devices (it was created before child devices existed). You use it in conjunction with the app that is mentioned in the OP (Virtual device sync).

The SmartApp makes virtual devices for each endpoint that should work with Alexa and Google Home.