[RELEASE] Somfy MyLink Hub V1.1 (Roller Shades)

@kalos - have you tried using the GitHub integration? All instances of issues like that have either been due to a copy+paste issue (which using GitHub integration will fix) or due to the MyLink device not being compatible with the Synergy API (such as the Asia MyLink device).

@drstancpa - Not sure what you mean by ‘In the Smartthings app the device only has the on/off toggle’, are you using the SmartThings Classic app or the new one? All functionality per the screenshot should be provided whilst using the classic app :slight_smile:
Otherwise, the “Preset” button is the exact same as the “Stop” button, if you are using something like WebCoRE you can call the function directly

Ben, I’m a new SmartThings user, and I was on the “new” app. Using the Classic one, I see it just fine. Thank you!

1 Like

I actually don’t know what that means. I deleted and went back to the start (to your first post) to see if I could follow instructions again. I get stuck now at aftersetting the Somfy MyLink Hub up in my Smartthings setup, a d to your instruction: “Once created, we can then open the settings for the device…”. I don’t even know how to 'open the settings for the device…

So, for github, again - sorry to be a dummy but I have no idea how to do that.

Now I’ve deleted my stuff, I don’t seem to have anything.

actually I figured out how to get into settings - I went into smartthings devices, and clicked on ‘edit preferences’ towards the bottom, and believe I entered the details correctly. So now I’ve got to try and figure out how to do the github thing. But unsure so would appreciate any input! Thanks!

Hey @kalos, for now try copying the Device Handler code from these links (overwriting the existing ones you have there):
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bendews/smartthings-somfy-mylink/master/devicetypes/bendews/somfy-mylink-hub.src/somfy-mylink-hub.groovy
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/bendews/smartthings-somfy-mylink/master/devicetypes/bendews/somfy-mylink-shade.src/somfy-mylink-shade.groovy

If that doesnt work send me a PM and ill walk through setting up the GitHub integration :slight_smile: (link for that is here: https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/tools-and-ide/github-integration.html)

I’m too new to PM you. I copied and pasted but didn’t seem to modify. I attempted to connect my github account, but don’t see the ‘link’ button that I should. :thinking:

@bendews Well, after signing in to the SmartThings Classic app, now the new SmartThings app sees the window coverings as roller shades rather than as a light, so I also have the preset, stop, and % options in the new app too. Thanks for all your help!

1 Like

@drstancpa Thats really cool!! Thanks for letting us know I’m sure others will find that helpful :slight_smile:

@bendews I’m having the same problem as others. Nothing happens when I trigger the commands to open/close.

Here is the setup and Smartthings log:

Hi @craigs1, you need to set your SystemID as something simple (like “mylink” just an example) and put that in your settings for System ID, in your screenshot it’s showing as blank.

Thanks for the reply! Do I need to set the SystemID in the Somfy MyLink device itself?

@craigs1 Yes, in the app when you click on “integration” it displays the following screen, note the “Change System ID” button.

It does look like you’re using a different app so it is possible this may not be supported with your device. What region is your device/app from?

When I click on Integration within the MyLink App, I get the attached screen. I’m running v6.1 of the iOS app in the US on my iPhone.

Aha, okay I have the same region and same app, was just missing an update. If you select the bottom option (RTI…?) that will get you to the screen I posted above and allow you to set your System ID. :+1:

Make sure to update the settings of the Somfy Hub in Smartthings once it is set :slight_smile:

Perfect. Now it’s working!! Thanks so much for the help!

Let me know if this should be in another thread. My configuration is: Somfy roller blinds, MyLink Tablet Interface/WiFi, Davis Vantage Vue using Meteobridge, legacy SmartThings. I can control the blinds with SmartThings and have a custom device handler working with the Meteobridge (Davis Vantage). I’ve set up a test automation where I turn on a light based on an illuminance value from the Davis. The use case I want to put together is: Based on the illuminance lower the shades, I’d also like to add other variables like wind but would be happy to just get them to go down. If possible I’d like to avoid IFTTT webcore is something would consider but don’t have a clue how to control the up or down only on and off. Any thoughts?

Forgot to mention I am using this custom device handler for the blinds. I guess the question should be is there any way to access
the up and down command.

Hey @douglaspitman ,

Theres two ways:

• Up/Down can be emulated by treating the blinds as a switch - On = “Up”, Off = “Down”. Theres no command for stop.
  • If you use a third-party tool such as WebCoRE, you can access the up(), down() and stop() functions directly.

Hi, thanks for all your efforts regarding the Somfy MyLink Hub. I have also moved to learning Home Assistant. I was drawn to it because it has a sun integration that allows me to open and close my shades by sun elevation. Sun elevation is preferred to sunrise/sunset for its preciseness and flexibility. On the other hand I also want to raise and lower the shades partially like your ST integration allows. I am struggling with in Home Assistant programming to do this. My preference would to be to stick with ST and use Webcore over Home Assistant. WebCore is more intuitive to me. Are you aware of any sun elevation integrations for ST? I have not found anything on the web. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for this intergration. I’m currently using Alexa to call on these shades. I’ll say turn on/off shade and it will work extremely well. However, when I say set Shade to 50%, it doesn’t work. How to use Alexa to call on the “My” (preset) button of the remote? Thanks