[RELEASE] Remotec ZXT-120 AC IR Controller (2015)

Greetings Ron. Thank you very much for taking the time to help me on this. I an not sure I understand " make sure you are pasting to the devices and not smart apps".
I just got to my account and created a new device handler.
Can you point me to a step by step procedure for creating a handler?
I am asuming once I use the name “ZXT-120 IR Senser Improved” and namespace “gouldner”, your name for the author and ticked all the listed capabilities it would be complete.

Just to add. The ZXT-120 thermostat is communicating with my ST vversion 1 hub but I have not found the prefrence option or and configuration option to enter my LG A/C code.

Ron is it possible to use ZXT-120 to control 2 different manufacturer AC in the same room with your device handler?

Thank you

In the phone app goto your things tab
click on ZXT-120
then on the top right corner click on the cicle it will open configuration
on remote code try anyone of these codes and see which one works (294, 17, 91, 464, 81, 82)
then click done
then scroll down and click on configure button.

Thanks fbinsbri. Unfortunately when I click the configration icon on the righ top corner it goves me only to choices in red
1-Replace
2-Remove
There is a configration icon on below the circle but it dosen’t prompt to any thing. It only set up and change in the temperature slider.

Gents. I with your help (special thank to Ron) I got my 2nd ZXT-120 working and was able to configure the manufacturer Code. I just added my 2nd ZXT120 and worked fine via the Excellent code by Ron.

Seems like you guys figured things out that’s good. To answer @fbinabri I don’t see how one ZXT-120 can control 2 devices in the room. I think you need two zxt-120’s. This is a limitation of the device itself not the ST device code. The hardware itself only stores one code.

Hi Ron. I am about to add my other ZXT-120 to control another A/C at diffren room and have some questions:
1-Do I need another device handler for the other ZXT-120 Thermostat or the created handler would be enough for all ZXT-120 devices connected to my ST hub?

No need it will automatically use it

No the device code is only installed once. You can then add as many zxt-120 devices as you want. I have 6 installed myself.

Thanks a lot.:smiley:

Hey Ron, long time listener, first time caller.

Finally went and got my first ZXT-120 to control my Fedders air conditioner. There’s only one code that’s listed for it, (#276). I’ve got the device in always listening mode. It’s included with my SmartThings V2 Hub…but no luck.

I don’t have the original remote control, so the only way I think I might be able to make it learn is put it up against my Harmony Hub, which does seem to be able to work, but I didn’t want my media activities to affect my air conditioner.

Any suggestions on how I might narrow down the list of codes I might try? Also, according to the documentation, it says that the device should flash it’s LED every time the config changes. Every time I change the code and press config, it seems to update in the app no problem, but I don’t get a blink. Might I still not really have it connected?

Do you see the correct code # in the configured setting tile ?
Tile should say
Config#

It’s in the center 9 tiles down just below the cool slider, right of last poll value and left of Offset value.

If that says 276 then the ZXT-120 reported that setting after update and you have correctly set the code. Does the unit flash when you send a “Cool” request ?

If it doesn’t work then I would say you have to contact the makers of the ZXT-120 and with your make/model and ask if they have the code?

You could try these models based on this webpage.

Fedders owns or licenses several trademarks, including Fedders, Emerson Quiet Kool, Airtemp, Sun, Koppel, Eubank, Polenz, and Maytag.

I have a Mitsubishi AC and they list a lot of codes for this unit and they mostly work for me. I am always wondering why there are so many and if I have selected the correct one. But my units work and heat/dry/coo/off work fine. I never know if my temp setting is correct, difficult to tell. I really wish someone made a better zwave ir transmitter.

You could also get a universal a/c remote that has an auto IR code feature (i.e. it automatically tries each code in its database every time you hit the power button or something like that). Once that remote figures out how to work with your a/c, you could then have the zxt-120 learn the IR codes from the universal remote. Worked for me on an a/c that was installed by the previous owner of my apartment, but they didn’t still have the original remote.

Hi @Ron Thanks for making this DTH.

I have an issue with setting the temp.
I have learned the IR codes from my original remote, and Im using config code 000. And Im using the latest version of your improved DTH. But when I try to send a select a temp and heat/cool the temp reported back from the zxt-120 is not the same.

Here is an example:

I select 22 deg celcius and then heat, this is from the logs:

a7dbfb9e-ddf8-4a7a-9c59-0defb74f96c8 20.42.32 CEST: debug Thermostat Setpoint Report for reportedHeatingSetpoint = 21 forcing state change true
a7dbfb9e-ddf8-4a7a-9c59-0defb74f96c8 20.42.32 CEST: info RRG V1 ThermostatSetpointReport cmd=ThermostatSetpointReport(precision: 0, reserved01: 0, scale: 0, scaledValue: 21, setpointType: 1, size: 1, value: [21])
a7dbfb9e-ddf8-4a7a-9c59-0defb74f96c8 20.42.32 CEST: info Parsing Description=zw device: 57, command: 4303, payload: 01 01 15
a7dbfb9e-ddf8-4a7a-9c59-0defb74f96c8 20.42.30 CEST: debug Sending Temp [71.6] for heat mode before enabling mode
a7dbfb9e-ddf8-4a7a-9c59-0defb74f96c8 20.42.30 CEST: debug new temp 22
a7dbfb9e-ddf8-4a7a-9c59-0defb74f96c8 20.42.24 CEST: debug setHeatingSetpoint({22} C)

As you can see the temp is set to 22, then converted to 71.6 fahrenheit. But then the zxt reports back 21.

Here is a screenshot from the manual, as you can see 22C is 72 or 73F, so I guess thats why 71.6F will set the thermostat to 21 instead of 22??? Any thoughts?

Did you make code corrections needed for Celsius ?

Also make sure you get the latest version of the code I had to make a correction recently. To make it display correctly for fahrenheit and you need to convert this new code to Celsius.

Ron

Yes, I can confirm I’m on the latest version and I have made the code changes to temp slider (19-28)

@cscheiene, I just read your issue a little more carefully now that I have a little more time and you are correct. 22 gets converted to 71.6 which then sets the temp and the ZXT-120 puts that in the 21 section so that is the resulting temp.

I would have to see the code changes you made and debug this more to figure it out but I am betting you need to add some code to better map Celsius numbers to Fahrenheit numbers that fall on the chart better. So for example convert 22 to 72 or 73 so the zxt recognizes the correct parameter and sends the signal you stored. Perhaps you need to let the slider be in celsius but send the value as fahrenheit in the exact range you need.

I don’t have much time to work on this right now. I you have coding chops and what to hack at it a bit let me know if you solve it. Otherwise I would have to find time and I am not sure how soon I could work on this.

This is the code i changed:

controlTile("heatSliderControl", "device.heatingSetpoint", "slider", height: 1, width: 2, inactiveLabel: false, range:"(19..28)") {
        state "setHeatingSetpoint", action:"thermostat.setHeatingSetpoint", backgroundColor: "#d04e00"

controlTile("coolSliderControl", "device.coolingSetpoint", "slider", height: 1, width: 2, inactiveLabel: false, range:"(19..28)") {
        state "setCoolingSetpoint", action:"thermostat.setCoolingSetpoint", backgroundColor: "#1e9cbb"

Is there anything else that needs to be changed? Is it possible to send celcius directly to the zxt-120, or does it need to be converted to F?

Like I said I am guessing there is something that needs to be changed to pick the right category. I use Fahrenheit so haven’t run into the issue. I would have to make time to switch to celsius and figure out what your issue is.

Helloo

I just add the code to my smartthing account after that I pair the remotes with my hub.

But then when I hit configure the button doesn’t work, I’m thinking that the ide isn’t working at my hub or don’t know what part did I miss.

After I pair the remotec with the hub the options for the remotec doesn’t look like the screenshots I seen below in this blog.

I have a Panasonic split unit.
Samsung Samrtthing Hub V.2
Remotec v.1.8

Thanks in advance.