I should have read the code before I asked! but you did help.
So… switched the log level to debug, but didnt get any extra info, despite debug logging in the code. (did put in an winston.info to check the log level in config was being picked up and it was (which I guessed because the IP of mosquitto is being identified!)
gets to line 590 of the code and then does nothing! No further info (or debug) logging. Just stops afer 'Connecting to MQTT at 192.168.1.248:1883"
I’ll have a play after reading through the code, but my problem seems to be that I am not connecting to mosquitto from the bridge side, even though the Tasmota side is happily connecting with the right details.
I’m 80% sure it is something I’ve done wrong in the config, I just cant see what!
Most likely because Im running on a VM and the network is being funny, though I have checked (and tripple checked) the settings.