Sorry for not getting back earlier - not getting notified from the messages here so didnt know you had replied. Maybe better if we can troubleshoot this on github issues since that notification always works and maybe others can benefit too.
Actually I take it back (ignore for now the section below the =====)
your log file should read something like
2019-11-05 04:17:10 AM info: Connecting to MQTT at mqtt://192.168.1.248
2019-11-05 04:17:11 AM info: Subscribing to - [bunch of topics if you have any]
2019-11-05 04:17:11 AM info: Configuring autosave
2019-11-05 04:17:11 AM info: Configuring API
2019-11-05 04:17:11 AM info: Listening at http://localhost:8080
if you are not getting to subscribing or the configuring autosave lines it implies the mbs-server is not able to connect to you MQTT broker. Try troubleshooting as follows
Check the error%date%.log - if mtt.connect is throwing an exception it should be captured there (any other exception too).
that will point you in the right direction - it definitely appears to be a problem with connecting to the MQTT broker
- Are you running the broker and the mbs-server on the same IP address in the same VM?
- is the node js mqtt library installed and in node path? did you install the package with NPM or jsut copied the files over?
- Can you ping/telnet to this IP port?
If you get to Listening at http://localhost:8080 . That last commands means it is waiting and listening.
That would mean your mbs-bridge device is not connecting to the server and neither is the mbs-smartapp.
- the bridge has been configured with the IP of 192.168.1.248 port 1883 (where the broker is running) and the MAC address of the machine / VM running the mbs-server (not the mqtt broker if they are running on different machines)
- In the smartapp besides checking the devices make sure you have also selected the bridge that you created. That configuration is much lower after the devices so you could miss it
also make sure your firewall is not blocking the mbs-server app from receiving requests on port 1883. At least in windows when I run the server firewall dialogue box comes up request access.
are you seeing any debug messages from the bridge in smartthhings IDE logging?