[RELEASE] Monoprice/Linear/GoControl WAPIRZ-1 Motion Sensor with Temperature and Battery Device Type (Updated)

Here’s an interesting thing I found as a comparison between the Ecolink and Monoprice sensor.
When the Ecolink is in pet mode, it’s battery life is longer compared to the Monoprice sensor.

However when in regular mode the Ecolink battery dies real quick as in it loses 1% every 1-2 days. However the monoprice it’s been a month and it’s still at 100%

The Ecolink and Monoprice price are in the same test area so the same amount of traffic on a daily basis.

It’s interesting since the Ecolink has a faster response than the Monoprice and has pet mode but for regular use (as in if I just want to know if an intruder entered the room) I think Monoprice feature + temperature bonus + battery life + lower price just blows Ecolink out of the park!

So here I how I see it:
Ecolink - Great for pet mode and if you need instant response (e.g. turning on a light when entering a room)
Monoprice - Great for everything else (temperature, battery life, general motion detection) and the price is 30% lower.

2 Likes