[RELEASE] Mode Change Actions - Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Actions on Mode Change

My ticket number is “#384094: broken smart app”

1 Like

I guess the ticket number submitted by @David_Van would be great. And then point to this thread:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/2-4-0-android-dynamic-pages-broken/89811/12

This is visible to ST staff. This is the official bug report.

1 Like

Response from ST support:
“Our engineers are aware of the broken dynamic pages issue and are working on a fix even as we speak. This should be addressed in the next app update. I don’t have an exact timeframe of course, but it should be soon.”

2 Likes

@RBoy

Great app, been using it for a while now but just recently I added a lot of new sensors. Currently the app sends out a separate Push notification for each ‘Thing’ that is finds meets the set parameters. Could you please add a function to be able to summarize these alerts.

e.g, "The following were Open when Hub mode was changed to xxxx; DoorSensor1, WindowSensor2, etc…

The summary would have to be per section of course but I feel it would still help. Summary only kicks in if there is actually more than one sensor that meets the criteria otherwise it just notifies as it currently does.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Mark.

2 Likes

We did do that initially but found that ST would truncate the messages and SMS wouldn’t work reliably (180 char limit) when there were multiple device notifications hence we reverted back to the individual notification scheme.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Would it still not be possible to put the option and only have the option truncate Push Notifications with SMS messages still sending out multiple messages (not sure if it is possible of course)? Or with the caveat to not use if you use SMS. I am not sure how many people use SMS notifications and with the ‘Contacts’ function being broken outside of the US I certainly do not bother with it personally.

Also has the character limit to SMS messages not been greatly extended recently. I know the carriers in the UK did so a long time ago but then assume ST have not followed suite yet :roll_eyes:

Thanks! :grin:

Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.07.04

• Consolidate notifications when there are multiple notifications per group of devices

If you’re using this SmartApp to monitor/control Valves, please update to this version as the ST (and some community) device handlers aren’t complaint with the specifications, this patch provides a workaround for the issue. This patch also takes into account an upcoming firmware patch for hub firmware release 18.x and is future ready

2 Likes

:star_struck:

Thank You!!!

On another note! - New Android app just updated and FIXES Dynamic Pages! :grin:

2 Likes

@RBoy

Apologies for yet another request but I was wondering how easy it would be to split the Door/Window Section into separate ones, one for Doors and one for Windows. I do appreciate they will both access the same devices of course. I have far more window than door sensors now and it would be great to have the notifications split between them.

I did have a try to do this myself but just could not get it to work properly (still learning)

Thanks again!

@RBoy

I have a sensor on the back patio sliding door. If left open for a period of time I would like to receive a notification. Would this be overkill for that verses writing a simple WebCoRe piston?

This app will notify you if something was left open after a mode change (and take action if possible). If you want a general notification you can use SHM Custom Rules to create a rule to notify you if something was left open for X minutes.

Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.07.05

• Consolidate notifications to improve performance

Also introducing the Routine Backup SmartApp, while this Mode Change SmartApp depends on the mode changing to verify devices states, the Routines Backup SmartApp is triggered when routines are run and does not depend on mode changes.

On popular request

Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.08.00

• Added option for spoken audio notifications devices (e.g. Sonos)

Hi there Maddie

Would there be any apetite for adding Central Heating setpoints to this app too please? In our AirBNBs we have four main modes of operation:

• Rooms (when we are renting just rooms)
  • House (when we are renting the whole place)
  • HouseKeeping (when the cleaners are in)
  • Away (when the house is shut down)

We use the app to turn off switches as appropriate and to lock & unlock doors but we also need to control the temperature of the rooms too based upon these modes:

• House PUBLIC AREAS set to 19C. Rooms set to 19C
  • Rooms PUBLIC AREAS set to 19C. Rooms set to 10C (when the guest unlocks via RLA we set that room to 19C and when they lock the room from the keypad back to 10C)

I think you may get what you’re looking for in this Thermostat app that runs on modes. It has a lot more flexibility to define independent settings for individual thermostats or groups of thermostats for each mode.

[RELEASE] Ultimate Mode Based Thermostat - Control Multiple Thermostats Temperature / Remote Temperature Sensors when Changing Modes

Open/Close Door/Window/Switch/Lock/Valve/Shade Notification and Action on Mode Change - Version 01.08.01

• Fix for some settings show blank after saving in the new ST app

Key Features:

• Report and change state these types of devices (turn on/off, open/close etc) individually for each Mode
    • Doors/windows
    • Locks
    • Garage doors
    • Valves
    • Blinds/shades
  • Delayed checking to allow time for Routines to execute or devices to change state after the Mode changes
  • Custom messages and monitoring/actions for each Mode or single message for all Modes
    • Audio/spoken notifications (e.g. Alexa or Sonos)
    • Push notifications
    • SMS multiple numbers
  • Automatic push notification if there is an updated version of the SmartApp available

© RBoy Apps

Hi
Is it possible to add a percent close/open for roller shutters ?
For example, When I switch to night mode I want my living room roller shutter to close 100% but my bedroom roller shutter to be 25% close .
Is that possible ?

Mode Change Actions - Version 01.09.00

• Added support for partial opening/closing of window shades (where supported, 1% - 99%)
  • Check for invalid symbols while entering multiple SMS numbers

Key Features:

• Report and change state these types of devices (turn on/off, open/close etc) individually for each Mode
    • Doors/windows
    • Locks
    • Garage doors
    • Valves
    • Blinds/shades (with level setting)
  • Delayed checking to allow time for Routines to execute or devices to change state after the Mode changes
  • Custom messages and monitoring/actions for each Mode or single message for all Modes
    • Audio/spoken notifications (e.g. Alexa or Sonos)
    • Push notifications
    • SMS multiple numbers
  • Automatic push notification if there is an updated version of the SmartApp available

© RBoy Apps

1 Like

Mode Change Actions - Version 01.09.01

• Added support for spoken audio notifications with volume control for the new Sonos LAN audio player

Can it trigger the new STHM states as well based on the mode?