[RELEASE] Lock User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions

Now all features are compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers

User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 04.02.03

• Improved user configuration page flow - more untuitive
  • Added support to arm to SHM Stay
  • Workaround for platform not saving sms numbers

Key features of the SmartApp:

• Monitor unlimited users and locks
  • Works with the built in SmartThings device handler
  • Easy and intuitive setup
  • Support for different types of locks (keypad, bluetooth, RFID, etc)
  • Define custom individual Unlock AND Lock actions for users such as:
    • Exit delay actions (wait for X minutes before running actions)
    • Separate actions for Keypad and Manual locking/unlocking and per door actions
    • Turning on lights if it’s dark outside
    • Unlocking/locking secondary locks
    • Opening/closing garage doors
    • Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM
    • Turning on/off switches
    • Define rules when to run and not run actions
  • Define Door Open/Close actions such as
    • Automatically relocking the door when it’s closed
    • Automatically unlocking the deadbolt if it’s extended, while door is open
    • Ringing chimes when door is opened
    • Notifications if door is left open
    • Define actions for each door separately
  • and lots more…

Copyright © RBoy Apps

@chippie the via RFID text has been corrected and capitalized, thanks for reporting it. You can find the changes in version 04.02.04

The name of the user will only get printed in the notification tab by the SmartApp.
The recently tab is only accessible by the DTH and since this app doesn’t use the DTH to program the codes the DTH is unaware of the code names.

1 Like

Now all features are compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers
After updating the code please open the SmartApp and click on Save for the new features to take effect

User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 04.03.00

• Added support for custom user notification settings
  • Added support for keypads
  • Added support for limiting number of notifications per user

• Notifications on type of lock/unlock (manual, code, keypad, bluetooth, rfid etc)
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM
    • Custom notifications settings (who and how many)
  • and lots more…

Copyright © RBoy Apps

Now all features are compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers and Keypad Locks

User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 04.04.00

• Added support for arming/disarming ST ADT panel as lock/unlock actions (including syncing when with external keypads)

• Running routines
    • Changing modes
    • Arming/Disarming SHM/ADT
  • and lots more…

Copyright © RBoy Apps

Now all features are compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers and Keypad Locks

User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 04.04.02

• Running routines
    • Changing modes
  • and lots more…

Copyright © RBoy Apps

1 Like

Compatible with the stock SmartThing Z-Wave and ZigBee device handlers and Keypad Locks

User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 04.05.00

• Create custom keypad lock actions when using arming keypads for away/stay/night buttons
    • Run routines
    • Change modes
    • Turn switches on/off
    • Lock other locks
    • Close garage doors
  • Synchronize keypad (button lights) with SHM/ADT changes when Control SHM/ADT using keypad is enabled
  • Check for mode changes in real time when sending open door notifications

• Create custom actions for security Keypad away/stay/night buttons
    • Running routines
    • Changing modes
  • and lots more…

Copyright © RBoy Apps

1 Like

Hi not sure if this was already mentioned or asked but I don’t seem to be able to find if there is a way to notify me who the user was or code used to unlock the door is this possible? if so where do i find this in the set up. I’m using a schage lock with and lock management code.
Thanks

Hi there. If you’re programming your code through Lock User Management (LUM) or setting your user names through this app (this app doesn’t program codes), then it it will notify you with the name of the user configured for a slot that was used to unlock the door. You can check the following if you aren’t seeing the notifications:

1. The Notify option for the user is enabled in their user page and that the number of limitations is set blank or the appropriate number
  2. The Disable all notifications option is not enabled in the Notifications page
  3. The lock is actually sending the event and it’s reaching the hub. This is the most common issue. If the event doesn’t reach the hub then the notification won’t show up. Typically adding a buffering device helps. You can check out this topic for more details. FAQ: why would I need another beaming repeater if my zwave lock is already close to my hub?

You can verify the last by looking at the Recently tab of your device to see if the notifications are reaching the hub.

Thank You i’ll check things tonight.
louy

OK so tried all suggestions no luck everything seems to work fine except push notice as to who unlocked the door under recent i get Lock User Management sent nameSlot command to front door lock.
Louy

I’ve responded to your email as well. If the notifications don’t show up in the Recently tab then the lock events are reaching the hub.

Also check if you’re using an old custom device handler for your lock, there was a change to the ST hub firmware a few months ago which broke user notification and we had published an updated device handler to address it. If you’re using the stock device handler you’re good. Just check the Recently tab.

Thanks sorry about the doubling up on post and email questions I’ll stick here if that ok. So I did update the device handler to 4.4.2 yesterday. I do get notified in Recently when the lock is unlock and when it gets locked but does not indicate who unlocked the door. The lock will also disarm the house and notify me when it does when unlocked. So you think I should start from scratch?

Thanks again

John

From what you’re explaining you’re seeing the notification in the Recently tab but it doesn’t give the name or the slot number? If so then you’re running into the hub firmware update issue I spoke of earlier. I think the new DTH wasn’t published properly and hence may have taken effect. Try to republish it again or switch it to the default ST handler. Once the name or slot number starts showing in the Recently tab the app will also start pushing that information to you.

thanks no go, I will delete and re install the software tomorrow from scratch and try again the only thing i’m getting in the Recently is a continuous Lock User Management sent nameSlot command to front door lock every couple of minutes.
thanks
louy

That means the lock isn’t responding properly to the programming requests. Before installing the app make sure that all codes are cleared from the lock and also that the lock is within 20ft if a buffering device. The key is to see those user slot number or names in the Recently tab, if that’s not there then the messages from the lock aren’t reaching the hub.

So just want to thank you for the support and let you know all is working as should be. I think it was all due to conflicts with software did a fresh install of everything and all is working great.
Thanks again for the great code and support
Louy

1 Like

User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 04.07.00

• Activate exit delay beeping when arming SHM/ADT using keypads when using delayed lock actions
  • Automatically enable Control SHM/ADT using keypad when new keypads are added
  • General improvements to UI/options
  • Added support for spoken notifications with volume control for the new Sonos LAN audio player
  • Added an option to enable/disable repeat checking of open door notifications
  • Added support for new ST lock capabilities
  • Set to 0 users for a quick reset of all users

NOTE : To use the exit beeping on keypad feature you require the Enhanced ZigBee Lock DTH version 01.06.02 or newer

Please ensure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device for the best experience (the hub does not buffer).

© RBoy Apps

User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 04.07.03

• Workaround for missing icons in ST Classic Android app
  • Fix for Universal ZigBee Lock device handler, keypad lock report processing

Please ensure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device for the best experience (the hub does not provide sufficient buffering)

1 Like

User Unlock/Lock Door Notifications and Actions - Version 04.08.00

• Now you can create an action to toggle a switch when locking or unlocking via a keypad

This is helpful if you’re using LUM with a Keypad and a switch like a garage door opener or light where you need to have the same user code (unlock or lock) toggle it’s state.

Please ensure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device for the best experience (the buffering device should be between the hub and the lock for maximum effectiveness).

Optionally you can use the Enhanced Universal Z-Wave Lock or the Universal ZigBee Lock device handler for a more customized lock experience.

© RBoy Apps

I think I am missing something, how do I manage user profiles? I need to add users under “manage users”, but what should I call users? I have 3 users right now, me, my wife and kid. How do I connect these users to the smart app so the app knows when each of us are opening the app.
I have a danalock v3