[RELEASE] Konnected 2.2.0 - Konnected Alarm Panel now in stock! wired alarm system integration

Any update on this Nate? I’m also looking to preserve my current wired alarm and keypads etc but have the ability to report their state in smart-things and arm/disarm remotely etc.

It’s in manufacturing now. Should be going on sale for pre-order soon and will ship before Xmas.

This new board will allow you to report sensor state in SmartThings, but will not directly allow you to arm/disarm remotely. Remote control can be accomplished in some cases if your panel allows for a programmable keyswitch inputs by using a relay module attached to the Konnected board.

1 Like

Cool - sounds ace. Is there a mailing list I can sign up to for updates?

I’m excited for this. I hope to create new rules, such as turn on back porch lights when the back door is opened. Also, I’m hoping to use the motion sensor in my living room to turn on the living room light if motion is detected past a certain hour. I’m not too crazy about remote arming/disarming my alarm system.

Yes, this is exactly the functionality that it’s designed for. It should work perfectly for this.

Hello Nate,

I visited your github last night and downloaded everything for Hubitat including the Noonlight app. I moved all my system back to Konnected today, I was using Hubduino for Hubitat.

About Noonlight, are you going to release this officially for Hubitat? I see everything works but no token yet.

Thanks

alarm_panel_with_wifi_module_1020x700
Konnected now available for pre order in SOUTH AFRICA.
www.mccomms.co.za
Lets get Smart!

1 Like

I just wired up Konnected in my house. I have 6 sensors done and I have 12 more to go. I am very happy with the product. If you have an alarm system in your house and you are buying sensors for windows and doors, STOP! No batteries to change and no sensors to buy. I was tired of changing out AAAA batteries. You are wasting time if you are using any other product.

I know this is an old thread but I recently received and installed the latest offering from Konnected, the V 2.0 boards. Install went well but I have just had an issue and I can say that the technical support is HORRIBLE! Not sure if you monitor this community anymore @heythisisnate but Andy Wulff is worthless. After 14 emails to him explaining what I had already done, he states in the end it was my device that was the issue even though I had completely unwired it.

To all those contemplating the purchase, think twice, the support sucks.

EDIT: Nate is better at tech support than Andy and explained/solved my issue. Hopefully support improves overall for the future.

Yes, I do still monitor the threads here. Sorry you feel that way, but this is certainly not the common opinion. You can read our reviews here and many of them mention the excellent support. Of course, we can’t always please everybody.

@Sparks244 PM me your email / name / support ticket number and I’ll take a look

1 Like

I wanted to respond to the comment about Tech support is “HORRIBLE”. I was part of Nates kickstarter group and I got the Board… Yes, they were very complicated to setup… I actually worked with Andy to get them setup… Say what you will, but every time I ran into an issue, Andy had a solution. I dont know what issues I will have moving forward, but I did get support and Andy was pretty quick to return emails… So I disagree with Sparks244 evaluation of Konnected, Nate @heythisisnate / Andy and their support.

1 Like

Does the Konnected Alarm Panel rely on the deprecated groovy language?

Does it still work now that Samsung has stopped supporting the groovy language for 3rd party apps and device handlers?

Konnected does not use the deprecated Groovy platform since 2020. Yes, Konnected still works and will continue to still work.
Konnected Cloud is officially supported by SmartThings through the Works With SmartThings Program.

2 Likes

Hi Nate,
I installed my Konnected years ago (2018 Oct). It’s still working except for the siren (which I’m going to ditch anyway). Do you have advice on whether I should update something due to the groovy deprecation?

Interesting. My siren function doesn’t work either.

If you have not yet migrated to Konnected’s cloud-based platform for SmartThings integration (launched in 2020) then you will have to do so before Groovy is disabled.
See: Migrating from the ST SmartApp to Konnected Cloud : Konnected Help & Support

Hi Nate,
I finally flashed the new firmware and set it up with the app.
I tested the door sensors they are working, however, the motion sensors (IR sensor) tend to be stuck at a status for a long time.
How do I change the update interval of the motion sensors?
Also, can I simply delete the old smartapps?