[RELEASE] Initial Setup for Ecobee3 & 4, Smart-SI, EMS, Smart-02 thermostats - My Ecobee Device

I’ve got to be doing something silly here but I did as @yvesracine suggested and removed out all smartapps, devices, and republished the new code for the device type & myecobeeinit

When I execute the app from ‘my apps’ it take me to the first screen for paypal donation and info but after clicking next I come to a white screen that won’t load anything. Clicking ‘Done’ errors out and says contact the developer. I’ve removed and added back a few times now and still doing it. Any ideas? Thanks!

Thanks! I’ve never made a virtual switch before, but I figured it out. Then I used Rule Machine to change the switch based on presence detection of our phones. Then the switch is used as a trigger for IFTTT to set my E3 to away if we are gone or resume if we are home. It’s worked once so far. We’ll see how reliable it is over the next week or so.

2 Likes

Hi @ben, @slagle,

Could you please close this thread as I’ve published some detailed configuration steps (and troubleshooting section) at the ST community wiki:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=My_Ecobee_Device

Regards.

1 Like

I just received my Ecobee3 and followed the instructions to get everything up and running. Got the token exception which brought me here and to a link that wants to charge me $15 to fix it? Maybe someone should put a reference to the $15 in the first post at the top of the thread so people who don’t want to spend the extra fee don’t waste thier time just to find out in the end.

Thanks for the effort I love suppprting those who help through donations however I hope you can see why I am miffed here. Best of luck.