[RELEASE] Heatit Z-TRM2fx / Z-TRM3 Electronic Thermostat Device Handler (Official)

Hi, does anyone know how to reset the energy consuption reported by these thermostats?

HeatIt Z-TRM2fx / Z-TRM3 Electronic Thermostat Device Handler - version 02.02.01

• (Feature) Added energy reset button for future firmware updates

NOTES

• Firmware versions TRM2fx (3.06 and 3.04 ) and TRM3 (4.00) do not support resetting energy consumption over z-wave. This feature has been added for future firmware updates which may support energy resets over z-wave.
  • The UI may not reflect the new changes due to platform caching. One way to force the cache to clear is to change the device handler to Z-Wave Device and then back to this device handler from the IDE, then sign out of the ST mobile app and sign back in. If nothing else works, you may need to exclude your device, delete the device handler and reinstall it.

Thank you.

some strange observations; I have 4 HeatIt Thermostats. The UI changed with one of them, but not for the 3 others. When I push the reset on the one, I get the error messge “A netowork or server error occured. Try again later”.

Hi, got the app to send the Reset command. But it does not work. The Heatit still reports the same energy consuption.
The eventlog shows 2 events:
2021-12-22 9:20:34.000 AM CET
44 minutter siden DEVICE resetEnergy ready HeatIt Z-TRM2fx reset energy is ready
2021-12-22 9:20:29.000 AM CET
44 minutter siden DEVICE resetEnergy resetting Resetting energy meter

The current firmware for TRM2fx (3.06) and TRM3 (4.00) do not support resetting the energy over z-wave. This feature has been added for future firmware updates if they provide that feature. For these firmware’s the only way to reset the energy consumption is to exclude and re-pair or factory reset the thermostats.

1 Like

Hello. which hub are you using? I use Aeotec but I do not get all the features. På forhånd takk

Hi,

I have finally been able to install my 4pcs Heatit Z-TRM2fx Thermostat that i have bought a while ago. It was easy to purchase and activate the DH from rboy, but when trying to pair the devices with my smartthings app, i face some challenges.

Going to Con on the device, and seaching for nearby devices in the app.
The app finds the device, and i choose secure connection and scan the QR code.
The device confirms include, but the device pops up as “Z-wave device multichannel” with no useful parameteres to be changed (f.ex dimmer).

What have i done wrong?

I’m having the same issue with Zterm 3. If I choose to continue with the secure inclusion and scan the qr code it does not select the correct DH. Selecting the correct DH after the unit is paired does not work since the correct VID is not selected then.

If I abort the secure process, the unit is paired and the correct DH is selected, but the unit is paired with security S2 failed.

@RBoy @maddie

I’ve seen that happen in the past. It’s a communication issues between the device and the hub (the DTH doesn’t play any role until after pairing is complete). The leads to loss of data so then the platform can’t identify the device correctly and even when you assign the DTH, same issues, due to missing device information the DTH can’t identify it either.

Try to reboot your hub and bring your device closer to the hub to avoid packet loss. It could also be a bug with the firmware and S2 pairing.

Hi @RBoy RBoy.

What is happening with the DH for the Z-TRM3 devices? They do not work as they are promised anymore? Not able to set temperature from ST app, and i have tried to reset and reinstall DH.

BG Hyggern

It’s a bug with the SmartThings app. Downgrade to an older version of the app and report it to SmartThings support so they will prioritize fixing it

1 Like

Hi @RBoy

How do I downgrade the ST app on an Apple 12 Mini? I know that you can use jailbreaker software, but my Iphone is original, and I can’t do this procedure on it.
Please provide an instruction on how to perform such downgrade.

Hyggern

Me too! DH also removed from rboyapps.com?

1 Like

I have the same questions. Heatit DH’s are no longer available from rboy, and the samsung smartthings app doesnt provide buttons for changing the set point anymore.

2 Likes

Will you release new Edge drivers for these units as they are shutting down the groovy platform?

6 Likes

I´m guessing his silence means a “no” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Z-TRM3 now works as intended, both from the app (Android) and routines.

1 Like

With the new/default Edge driver or the Rboy DH?

1 Like

Where can we find this Edge driver?

RBoy DTH so far.