[RELEASE] Heatit Z-Push Button (Official)

@RBoy i just tried it with an iphone as well, it allows me to assign the actions but once saved the actions that have been assigned dont actually work. The dth indicates when the specific button has been pressed, however it doesnt actually action the item assigned to it. Please kindly check it out.

Please report it to support@smartthings.com with a screenshot/video and reference ticket #938802 in your bug report. That is a new third party UI plugin from SmartThings which assigns/execute actions to buttons. We have also reported the issue to them. It’s a regression bug introduced in a recent update for child buttons. If enough users report the issue they will prioritize fixing it. Also tagging @jody.albritton

1 Like

@RBoy I will report issue to support, but can you not create a smartApp as a workaround in the meantime?
Instead of all of your customers have to use WebCore, CoRE or find SmartApps that supports buttons to create custom actions…

I have 2 Heatit Z-wave 8 units online.
One of them has a scene associated with 5 of the buttons, by means of simple automations now part of the new app. It is seldom used, maybe a couple of times every second week.

The other is for the time being not used by any automation or SmartApp.

Problem is that the first one drains it’s battery in about 2 months. The second one (not in use) lasts maybe 4 months.

Any idea why? (As I would believe this is not normal)

There is one option available, but that will make the DTH create a separate device for each button in the new app (unlike the current method where all the buttons show up on one device page). Meanwhile we’re working on an update to the DTH for the new app which will allow you to select each button in the Automation tool. ST is working out a few bugs at the backend and we’re waiting on that to make the release.

1 Like

Heatit Z-Push Button Device Handler - v02.00.00

• Update for new ST app
    • Support for Automation tool (now each button will show up separately in the automation tool and each button can be assigned an action on the device page)
    • Updated user interface
    • Support for new platform capabilities

NOTES

• The UI cache will need to be cleared for the changes to show up. Change the device handler to a Z-Wave Device and then back to this custom device handler from the IDE, then sign out of the ST mobile app and sign back in. If nothing else works, you may need to exclude your device, delete the device handler and reinstall it if the UI does not update after 24 hours.
  • The Automation tool will show the “Main” button (triggered if ANY button is pressed or held) + each individual buttons in order (pressed + held), however the new app does not display the button name as yet (SmartThings is aware of the issue)

Great with the new version with workaround for automation!

I have a Heatit Z-push button 2, but its gives 0305 as the manufacturer code.
So its should be added.

Addressed in the latest update. This is actually a manufacturing anomaly for a one batch of devices reporting an incorrect manufacturer code (the firmware is still correct), shouldn’t affect the operations but Heatit it happy to replace them if required.

Hey. Any chance to manually set networkSecurityLevel for these upon inclusion? I want to create a direct association with Fibaro dimmer2(wich do not support S2). The dimmer 2 is in ZWAVE_S0_LEGACY

You can’t force the network security level since that’s negotiated between the hub and device while pairing. You can try for S2 level by selecting the Generic Z-Wave Device type from the SmartThings mobile app while adding a device instead of using the Scan nearby option. This starts with trying to use S2 as the security level (Scan nearby start with S0)

What’s the deal with paying extra in order to get a device we already bought to work?

I have three of the push 8 devices and have just installed the DH. Only one of them shows up with 8 buttons and the other show up with only two!
I have tried excluding, resetting and reinstalling. Tried to change the handler to another and back. Nothing works! They still show up with two buttoms!
What to do?

Maddie just responded your mail. It looks like you have a different manufacturing variant (or possibly a counterfeit) of the button. We’ve updated the DTH to work with these variants. You will need to update the DTH, exclude your buttons and pair them again.

Heatit Z-Push Button Device Handler - v02.00.02

• Added support for manufacturing variants

NOTES

• The UI cache will need to be cleared for the changes to show up with the latest ST app if you’re upgrading from the old app. Change the device handler to a Z-Wave Device and then back to this custom device handler from the IDE, then sign out of the ST mobile app and sign back in. If nothing else works, you may need to exclude your device, delete the device handler and reinstall it if the UI does not update after 24 hours.
  • The Automation tool will show the “Main” button (triggered if ANY button is pressed or held) + each individual buttons in order (pressed + held), however the new app does not display the button name as yet (SmartThings is aware of the issue)

Thanks! The updated DH works for the two identifiable devices. The last one as you say something is wrong with the firmware. Very strange! I will take it back to the shop.

Hi,
Anyone else facing troubles with this DH at the moment? I’ve been in contact with RBoy and they are telling me there is a issue with the Smartthings iOS app.

There was a new iOS mobile app released today which appears to have partially fixed the issue for some users, see this topic:

Will this DTH work with the new HEATIT Z-PUSH WALL CONTROLLER?

Not at this time

Hi,
Do you plan to develop a device handler for the new HeatIt Z-push button? If so, when do you expect that to be ready?

I am currently in the process of buying a couple of Z-push buttons and would prefer to buy the new ones rather than the old version.

You will need to contact HeatIt for any new device integrations. They will need to authorize it.