[RELEASE] Elk M1 Alarm Interface

dth_security
project_security

(cjcharles) #1

Hi all, Ive been developing an alarm integration for other people (never tested by me as I dont even own an Elk!), however it is now at a stage where it should work well for most people to integrate with ST.

It currently:

• Pulls zone/output names from the alarm
  • Send zone/output status (active/inactive or on/off) to ST
  • Send alarm status to ST (armed home/away/…).
  • Creates child devices for each sensor/output so that you can use them in other rules/automations
  • Controls the outputs so you can also automate these through ST

It is not impossible to add new features but I dont think I will have much time for it now, so releasing it as is.

You can interface with the alarm through Ethernet (with an XEP module), or Ive just modified the code so you can work with direct serial connection to the Elk. There shouldnt be a massive difference between them, but the direct connection means there is one fewer device to manage/buy/setup since you dont need the XEP!

Full instructions on setup can be found on my github page linked below, and if you have any questions then let me know! (I might be able to help, though as I said I dont even own the alarm myself so probably only help with code stuff)

Sadly as this project has evolved it has taken a huge amount more of my time than expected, so I am only able to sell devices for this automation if you want all the features such as Outputs (rather than by DIY-ing). I sell pre-programmed units for a small profit (given the many tens on hours spent developing this integration I feel this is a very fair price) on my Online Shop. I am able to ship worldwide - though for Elk it is probably mainly the USA! After a few peoples request I have included a link to donate and they would be hugely welcome to my beer fund :smiley: - here

Elk M1 Gold integration using ELK-M1XEP Also Onkyo TX-NR3010
Paid request - intergration with Elk M1 security panel