Hi all, Ive been developing an alarm integration for other people (never tested by me as I dont even own an Elk!), however it is now at a stage where it should work well for most people to integrate with ST.
- Pulls zone/output names from the alarm
- Send zone/output status (active/inactive or on/off) to ST
- Send alarm status to ST (armed home/away/…).
- Creates child devices for each sensor/output so that you can use them in other rules/automations
- Controls the outputs so you can also automate these through ST
It is not impossible to add new features but I dont think I will have much time for it now, so releasing it as is.
You can interface with the alarm through:
- Ethernet (with an XEP module) in which case a NodeMCU can connect to the Elk panel through your WiFi network.
- Direct serial connection to the Elk. This works in the same way, but needs a serial converter and a Wemos in order to assist in voltage conversion, however requires a free RS232 port on your Elk panel. You can avoid purchasing an XEP module this way.
Full instructions on setup can be found on my github page linked below, and if you have any questions then let me know on this thread please! (I might be able to help, though as I said I dont even own the alarm myself so probably only help with code stuff)
Sadly as this project has evolved it has taken a huge amount more of my time than expected, so I am only able to sell devices for this automation if you want all the features such as Outputs (rather than by DIY-ing). I sell pre-programmed units for a small profit (given the many tens on hours spent developing this integration I feel this is a very fair price) on my Online Shop. I am able to ship worldwide - though for Elk it is probably mainly the USA! Also happy to provide some assistance in getting setup. After a few peoples requests I have included a link to donate and they would be hugely welcome to my beer fund - here