[RELEASE] Elgato Key Light Device Handler

Device handler for the Elgato Key Light and Key Light Air.

Requires lights with a fixed IP address (configured via device preference). Bonjour auto-discovery is not implemented.

Download

4 Likes

It works! 2 questions…

1. How do I make a “fixed IP” for the light…?

I have Orbi as router.

1. Any way to make this able to change the color temp? It lets me control brightness, but not color temp (elgato control center lets you control both brightness and color temp: cool/warm).

This should help with your router question https://www.google.com/search?q=netgear+reserve+ip

Controlling color temp would be possible, I just didn’t need it beyond having it set correctly once. If you want to give it a try coding-wise, the source code I released has a pointer to the reverse-engineering prior-art which does include a color-temp feature.

1 Like

Wish I knew how to code. Thx for the upload tho!

1 Like

I’ve just installed the device handler, but somehow can’t get the device to show up in the new SmartThings app. Is there anything special I need to do?

I also tried to add the device from the IDE, which seems to work, but I’m not sure what “Network ID” I’m supposed to enter. I did set the hostname correctly, but the device still won’t connect.

You are an absolute star and have saved my sanity. Being able to control these lights via SmartThings (and thus by, Alexa and Google Assistant), avoiding the flakiness of Bonjour, has meant that I can now reliably control the lights when I need to!
Great job @cramforce !

First of all Thanks @cramforce !

These are the steps I took for it to work

Go to https://graph-na04-useast2.api.smartthings.com/

1. My Device Handlers Tab
  2. Create New Device Handler
  3. Select “From Code Tab”
  4. Copy Paste the code provided on this post
  5. Click Create
  6. Click Publish
  7. Go to My Devices
  8. Click on New Device
  9. Put whatever name you want (I used the name that I saw on my router)
  10. Label is optional but if you put something here is how it will show on the App
  11. For Device Network Id I added the IP of the light
  12. Select Type “Elgato Key Light” (Most likely to be at the bottom of the list)
  13. Select Version “Self-Published”
  14. Select your Location
  15. Select your Hub

Open the Smarthings App

1. You should be able to see the device you added
  2. Open the device on the app
  3. Click on the 3 dots on the top right
  4. Select Settings
  5. Add the IP of your Key Light

Now you should be able to control your KeyLight

1 Like

I’ve been in a happy place with ST for a bit where everything is in its place and I haven’t had to touch much of late…but I just acquired a couple Elgato lights and had my fingers crossed that somebody like @cramforce had taken on the challenge.

Almost 6 years in and this group never disappoints. :pray: