Refresh Device Raw Description and Data?

Is there a way to refresh the Raw Description and Data of a device?

I’ve recently started replacing my Z-Wave devices with Z-Wave Plus replacements using the Z-Wave Replace function, and the Raw Description and Data don’t seem to refresh reflecting the new device. I’d like to refresh this info to be able to see accurate firmware versions, etc…

The latest beta firmware will refresh the raw data I believe well its what I have noticed as it now shows more than it did

2 Likes

With the current hub implementation the Raw Description is populated when the pairing is done with the device. The best way to update that information would be to exclude and re-pair the device. Other information like the “Data” section can be queried by the DTH’s and updated but it would require the DTH to support that functionality and isn’t related to the hub firmware.

Are there any updates on this? Is there any other way to force updating Raw Description?

It’s only updated during the pairing process by the hub

I got this, but then I will get a new ID, all my configurations including grouping will go to hell. Maybe there is a call to force an update?

I understand that the description in your cloud account might be inaccurate, but it will be accurate on the hub and you can always query it if you want to see it. So can I ask why you want this information?

Just as an example, the Z wave Tweaker will always get you the current information on associations, firmware level, etc.

So if you want the information for network reasons, the network already keeps itself up-to-date.

If you want the information for human reasons, you can use the Tweaker or something similar.

If you want the information in order to update a secondary Z wave controller, many will do this themselves using the same command sets that the zwave Tweaker does. Like the firmware meta data get command.

If you need to do it yourself, again you should be able to pull it in the same way that the zwave Tweaker does, and then you could pass it over to whatever utility updates your secondary.

So it really comes down to the details of why you want this information. I believe it is available.

1 Like