Zooz ZEN21 Raw Description Issue

I recently purchased about 15 Zooz ZEN21 switches and have installed about 10 of them. I have installed the custom DTH and most of the switches installed fine. However, a few showed up as Z-Wave Switch instead of grabbing the DTH for the Zooz switch. I went into IDE and just manually changed the DTH to the Zooz switch and everything appears to work fine with the switch but the Raw Description field seems blank/short/incomplete.

Here are a couple of comparisons:

Switch that paired perfectly:
zw:L type:1001 mfr:027A prod:B111 model:1E1C ver:3.03 zwv:5.03 lib:03 cc:5E,25,85,8E,59,55,86,72,5A,73,70,5B,6C,9F,7A role:05 ff:8700 ui:8704

Switch that paired as Z-wave Switch and I had to manually change the DTH:
zw:L type:5E25 mfr:0000 prod:0000 model:0000 ver:3.03 zwv:5.03 lib:03

Third comparison that’s missing the role, ff, and ui fields for some reason:
zw:L type:1001 mfr:027A prod:B111 model:1E1C ver:3.03 zwv:5.03 lib:03 cc:5E,25,85,8E,59,55,86,72,5A,73,70,5B,6C,9F,7A

Is this all not a big deal or will this have any type of effect that they are all different? Again these are all the same switches and appear to all be working fine.

Does an exclude and re-include fix it?

No.

I’ve tried to exclude and re-include it a couple of times and still detects as a generic Z-wave Switch and I have to go in and manually change the DTH.

Tagging @TheSmartestHouse

We’ve seen a couple of other cases with Z-Wave products on SmartThings not configuring correctly. Our guess is that it’s a result of the most recent update where for some reason, random devices display without the correct fingerprint data and are not recognized correctly. We’d recommend getting in touch with SmartThings support since they’ll have more information on what’s going on in the back-end when devices join incompletely like that.

These are typically symptoms of pairing issues. When there’s an issue with mesh communications and some data gets lost while pairing it shows up as missing or 0000. Try to reboot the hub and bring the device within 5ft if the hub and then pair it. If it continues to happen contact ST support.

As for impact on operations, ideally it shouldn’t but it depends on the DTH and if the DTH is using that information.

I mean I have over 70 z-wave devices connected (including switches right next to the ones that are pairing weirdly) so i’d like to think my mesh is pretty strong.

I will however give your suggestion to reboot the hub a try

Pairing works a little differently than regular commands and messages. It’s best not to pair through repeating devices unless they are all zwave plus devices. Also there is a 4 hop limit in a zwave mesh. Only mains powered devices repeat and buffer, not sleepy or FliRS devices.

I recently attempted to fix a GE switch that had raw description issues. Didn’t go very smoothly… If I were you I would just leave them as is unless it’s causing a real problem.