Quirky GE Outlink POTLK-WH01 POTLK-WH02 Outlet Device Type

Hub v2 and I just checked the box wh02

I’m using the GE ZigBee Switch device type with the POTLK-WH02 switches. I’m using v2 of the SmartThings Hub.
I have three of them and one was acting up yesterday but seems okay now. None of them report energy monitoring.

Thanks Matt and Jordan. I was just poking around in my hub status and saw that my Zigbee FW version is only at 1.3.1 despite being on the current main firmware release (13.13). I’ve emailed ST support to see if there’s a way to force the Zigbee firmware update. Hopefully that will resolve the issue and save me the cost of a new hub!

has anyone figured out how to get Energy Monitoring from this? it works in Wink, so it has to be accessible.

is there any way to update OUTLINK firmware without a Wink?

No. there is absolutely no way at all to update them without a wink hub. Quirky never expected their devices to work outside the Wink ecosystem. and Smart Things does not do any kinds of firmware updates to devices at all. Honestly I dont even think it’s capable of it.

Using an outlink over a wink hub.The on/off function seems to work correctly. The energy consumption graph appears to be wrong. It show $.01 per day usage? I have only had the outlink installed for 10 days. I have my computer and desk light plugged in. I know I am using more than .01$ a day?

Anyone seeing wrong reading on the energy consumption graph?

Quirky Outlink now $13.03 at Home Depot … look in lighting department clearance shelf

Hi @mitchp ,

Do you remember the depth of the box you used to make this work? I need to change a couple of my boxes out for these to work for me. I’m wondering if the 2 - 1/2 will be good enough or if i will need to go to the 3" box.

Thanks,

Guess I should mention that I have the 2 white, 2 black, and ground going to the existing outlet.

I don’t recall which size I used. I want to say it was a 2.5" box.

Hello all, Any progress on energy data? I picked up 25 of them for $11.29 each at the 5 nearest HD stores and was hoping for at least a hint of hope before dumping my inventory on eBay

I hate you… All mine were out hahaha

still $37 CAD in Canadian Home Depots (that’s there clearance price so far)

any update on power meter?

Hey Folks, just thought of updating this thread with my attempt at these. I was able to add 5 of these outlets to ST pretty easily and use it as a switch on/off. No energy reporting; eventhough it shows 0 W. But for $13 a piece from local HD (during a clearance), I am extremely happy with them.:sunglasses:
The installation was also easy, with provided connectors and face plate. The face plate is screwless and is clean and great modern looking.
I used GE ZigBee Switch device type in the IDE.

IF anybody is able to get the energy monitoring piece working, please let us know. Appreciate the community!!!

Just to be clear, are you suggesting we select “GE In-Wall Smart Switch (ZigBee)” as the device type?

I have one of these that was paired with a Wink and am trying to get it setup on my SmartThings v2 hub.

I removed it from Wink a few minutes ago but cannot get ST to detect it. I tried manually adding it using the above mentioned device and pressing the button on the front, but have had no luck.

Thanks in advance!

I worked with the GE ZigBee Switch device type. Didn’t try with other ones and worked straight away. Of course, first the device will show up as a ‘Thing’ after pairing. Also, note that this generic thing pairing doesn’t show up on its own. I usually try to pair it, then hard close and reopen the app or refresh the ide page to see the ‘Thing’ under Things tab or My Devices tab respectively. Hope it helps.

I have 1 of these installed and 2 more still in their box… if i could get energy monitoring working it could definitely help me decide where to install them in my house.

I don’t think anyone has written the code to do the energy monitoring yet. I just installed 2 Quirky GE Oulink POTLK-WH01 yesterday. It just shows “0 Watts” for the device all the time. There was all kinds of energy monitoring when I tried it on the Wink Hub.

I’m going to get the Aeon Labs DSC18103-ZWUS for my current outlets and the Aeon Labs DSC06106-ZWUS for certain appliances. Hopefully I can get some energy monitoring from those two. Also, the Aeon Labs DSC18103-ZWUS will allow both sockets to be z-wave/energy monitored instead of just one socket like all the other z-wave/zigbee outlets do.

Hey guys, I went for the quirky one even without energy monitoring only because I got 5 of them on clearance sale for $13. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have. The best deal I found for one with energy monitor (with custom DH) is the Iris Smart Plug one from Lowes. It is actually pretty similar to ST outlet.
Recently there was a slickdeals deal on a kit with it, which is also pretty sweet. Slickdeals: http://slickdeals.net/f/8481039-ymmv-lowes-iris-home-automation-or-security-pack-for-77-40-and-59-99-respectively
Iris Smart Plug - http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=690407-41277-3210-L&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=999925330&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

I have 7 of these that i need to install next week. Can someone try the “Zigbee Switch Power” device type and see if that will work to report power?