Quick Siren warning when door opened

I bought smartthings to partially replace my home security system. I currently have monoprice z-wave door open/close sensors on all my exterior doors (front door / garage door / backyard door) and a AEON Labs ZW080-A17 Siren in the house.

I can create a routine that gets the siren to go off if any door is opened when it shouldn’t but sometimes I forget to turn off the routine in the morning or when coming home.

What I would like is to get the siren to beep for 2 seconds if the door is opened, then pause (no beeping) for 30 seconds while I grab my phone and change the routine to “I’m back”. If the routine isn’t changed in 30 seconds then the siren will go off again like normal.

This is similar to a home security system where it gives you 1 minute to put in a code before sounding an alarm.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Right now this is only do-able via a custom SmartApp.

You might try looking at the SmartAlarm app by @geko. That allows you to have a delay from getting in before the alarm sounds, but it doesn’t to the beeping first.

1 Like

[quote=“srg775, post:1, topic:27545”]
What I would like is to get the siren to beep for 2 seconds if the door is opened, then pause (no beeping) for 30 seconds while I grab my phone and change the routine to “I’m back”. If the routine isn’t changed in 30 seconds then the siren will go off again like normal.
[/quote]This is a bit late, but here’s a new device handler for the Aeon Siren that has the functionality you’re looking for.

1 Like