Query SmartThings API for Device Events

Hey everyone,
I’ve been looking through the API here: https://smartthings.developer.samsung.com/docs/api-ref/st-api.html

Using postman and a personal token, I can query everything on the API just fine, however I don’t see a place that will return the devices events. Does anyone know a programmatic way to get this information? Do I need to write a SmartApp that gathers the info and exposes an endpoint? That’s annoying but I guess I’ll do it if I have to! :smiley:

We have not exposed an endpoint to get historical events, for now you need to use even subscriptions and have them sent to your callback url. You can do this with and endpoint app or OAuth.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response! Alright, I can go that route. Can you perhaps point me in the right direction to get info on how to do that?

Thanks again!

You can request access to the OAuth services on this page.

Hi,

I am newbie to smartthings and I am looking for the API which provide me historical events of the device.

Could you please explain me how I can subscribe to and event and send it to my call back url? I really appreciate If you provide me detail description or documentation which will help me.

Do I need to host server for callback URL?
Do I need to create device handler to subscribe to an event?

I know its very basic questions but I have no idea what I am doing.

Many thanks in advance.

See the link above. There are step by step guides for creating an integration.