I’m not a full developer, but I`m working with home automation and hence trying to accomplish the following using the SmartThings API:
- List devices (initially a dryer and a washer)
- List device events
Later on I might try other things, but this is my initial plan in order to see how the API works and what can be done.
Based on the following guide:
I have performed the following (using PowerShell):
- Created a SmartApp with OAuth enabled. The app code is not modified beyond the default template.
- Request an authorization code.
- Use the code to request an access token.
- Get the endpoint URI for the SmartApp.
When trying to send a GET request to the URL`s, I get an “The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.”.
If I append /devices to the URLs, I get an “The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.” error.
What do I need to do to proceed to get a list of devices and their events?