Qubino DIN Device Handler

Greetings!

I am in trouble finding and possibly writing an device handler for the Qubino DIN dimmer (http://qubino.com/products/din-dimmer/).

I have tried a couple generic DTH’s but with no luck. Could anyone please assist an ST newbie??

Sorry I can’t help, but I was thinking about getting one of these. Did you manage to get it working?

Aleš from Qubino got it it working. They made a DTH for ST!

Its posted on Github: https://github.com/kjamsek/SmartThings/blob/master/DeviceHandlers/Qubino/DIN_Dimmer/QubinoDINDimmerDeviceHandler.groovy

I have several Qubino DIN Dimming modules and have updated my Device Handler to use this Device Handler. When I control the dimmer using the switch the light slowly turns on, or slowly turns off. However when I using my phone and the ST iOS App, the light comes straight on and straight off, rather than slowly on and slowly off. Can the device handler be changed to support this. It may want to only do this depending on param 5 and param 66 .

I may go back to using the Z Wave Metering Dimmer DH as this does support this function on both the switch and the App.

@A.Hinch late last year I swapped my ST to a Homey from Athom. I did this bc of a number of reasons - but one of the most important was to be able to directly associate z-wave wireless switches to the Qubino DIN modules. The direct association makes you able to control the device without the controller (ST, Homey, Vera, etc.) as a gateway.

You might want to explore direct association in this case (in addition to tweaking the soft on/off functionality - check Qubino documentation). I do not think you need to swap the ST for another but rather find a suitable USB device for PC/Mac that you can configure you devices outside of the ST environment (https://www.vesternet.com/smart-home/technologies/z-wave/controllers/pc-adapters).

Good luck!

I think I have solved the problem. Looked at the sample dimmer code in the ST documentation and it uses a different Z Wave command to switch on and off. This seems to work better. Changed the on and off functions to use zwave.basicV1.basicSet instead of zwave.switchMultilevelV3.switchMultilevelSet

def on() {
/*
delayBetween([
zwave.switchMultilevelV3.switchMultilevelSet(value: 0xFF, dimmingDuration: 0x00).format(),
zwave.switchMultilevelV1.switchMultilevelGet().format()
], 1000)
*/

delayBetween([
            zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0xFF).format(),
            zwave.basicV1.basicGet().format()
    ], 5000)  // 5 second delay for dimmers that change gradually, can be left out for immediate switches

}
/**

• Switch capability command handler for OFF state. It issues a Switch Multilevel Set command with value 0x00 and instantaneous dimming duration.

• This command is followed by a Switch Multilevel Get command, that updates the actual state of the dimmer.

• @param void

• @return void.
    /
    def off() {
    /

delayBetween([
    zwave.switchMultilevelV3.switchMultilevelSet(value: 0x00, dimmingDuration: 0x00).format(),
    zwave.switchMultilevelV1.switchMultilevelGet().format()
    ], 1000)
    */

delayBetween([
             zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0x00).format(),
             zwave.basicV1.basicGet().format()
     ], 5000)  // 5 second delay for dimmers that change gradually, can be left out for immediate switches

}

I’ve made some chnages on the GitHub Qubino DIN Dimmer DH code. Added a new config value called SoftDelay can used that for the dimminDuration on the switchMultiLevelSet. Works much better and you can set the value to 0 for instant on/off

Hi, the GitHub code doens’t work like it should be. When you hit ON, it goes on but dims back off. I can’t let it be on. Aren’t there other DTH’s that really work? :frowning: