Qubino and Smartthings

Hi

I’m about to jump on the ST boat, coming from Vera Plus. I have not yet found out if my Qubino units are supported in any way. I have 6 off Qubino Flush 1D relays and 7 off Qubino Flush Dimmer 0-10V.
All my other units are supported.

Can anyone shed some light on this please? If there is a way to get the Qubino’s to work? I want to purchase the hub, quick. Sick and tired of Vera…

I have some Qubino Flush 1D’s working with ST. However, i only use one input (switch). I don’t think ST likes double features.

They work perfectly without any custom device handler. It’s recognized as a Generic Z-Wave device, this means all other features, like power metering, don’t work. Just on/off.

I think there is a custom device handler somewhere, but that one never gave me power metering.

Super. Thank you. I have some temperature probes attached to some of them. Anyway, I ordered the hub and will post my results here when i’m up and running. If anyone else has experience with these units please feel free to share.
The Qubino relay’s is the best thing ever imho. Small and very versatile. Quality products.

I haven’t used the temp probes. Not sure if they’re supported with ST.
The custom DH shows the temp in the app, but not sure if it actually works.

I have 5 of them, all working perfectly. Thinking about getting more of them, they’re really good and reliable.

As you can see it’s not showing anything like temp or power.

Guess I can live without the temperature probes. Are you able to set the auto off function on the relay’s or can ST handle this? I use 2 off the 1D relay’s for my garage doors. So they should be set to on for 1 second only to trigger the gate up/down…
Fingers crossed for the 0-10v units. Hopefully I can just have them set up as dimmers.

I haven’t tried it, i just use them as switches and on/off.
I think you could use CoRE to handle things like that.

• Switch on
  • Pause 1 second
  • Switch off

Edit
Just tried the autoOff function and it works. Tried it with 1 minute and 0.1 minute, so i guess seconds will also work.

Thank you so much for testing this :thumbsup:

How did you set it up? With the parameters or the Core thing?

I used the custom device handler from @tommysqueak. There is a parameter which you can set.

The temperature should be reported work, if you have the probe. I have a few of these modules working as thermostats on some electric radiators. I also have a dimmer and a few shutter ones as well. They’ve been great and reliable to code against (no hacks or hoops to jump thru to get them to work).

You should also get the energy usage reports. :thinking: I created this for my regular relay modules. So perhaps as they’re DC modules, they need some different code. If you have any logs or feedback, I can look into it and see if there’s a tweak to get the energy reports working for DC modules.

The energy doesn’t work in my case. I use the D1 version (with relay) and use it with 230V.
No idea why it’s not working. For me it’s not that important though.

Do you know if the device is reporting? If you can share your logs (at https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs, if you’re on the UK/EU hub), I can check it out.

1 Like

Actually, i think it does not.
It supports the other features you built into the DH.

It’s this one: http://qubino.com/products/flush-1d-relay/#
If you scroll down there is a link to all the parameters.

I don’t get power readings either.

For info, there’s new Qubino handlers here…

Working well for me including power…

I’m getting power readings but I have to hit the refresh button which means it will require polling. Any thoughts on supporting native reporting?

I’m not sure as I don’t have the 1D Relay version of these (I wrote the code for the AC ones I have) but I don’t think they natively report sending that information automatically. The reason I think that is because the AC ones have config to set them up to report the info periodically, which leads me to think that if there’s no config then it’s not offered. If the devices did the device handler has the code to show it, just like it does when you hit refresh.

I know you’re replying to someone else, but I am not using the DC version.

If you’re saying the AC relay reports periodically in your code. What is the period? I wasn’t seeing any updates.

It’s part of the firmware on the qubinos, that they will send energy reports at certain periods. Which are configurable but the defaults are pretty good and I haven’t altered them in my DTH/code. Here’s the details on the reporting periods, from the qubino manuals:

Parameter no. 40 – Power reporting in Watts on power change
Set value means percentage, set value from 0 – 100 = 0% - 100%. Available configuration parameters (data type is 1 Byte DEC):
• default value 10 = 10%
• 0 - reporting disabled
• 1 - 100 = 1% - 100% reporting enabled
Power report is send (push) only when actual power in Watts in real time changes for more than set percentage comparing to previous actual power in Watts, step is 1%.
NOTE: if power changed is less than 1W, the report is not send (pushed), independent of percentage set.

Parameter no. 42 – Power reporting in Watts by time interval
Set value means time interval (0 – 32535) in seconds, when power report is send. Available configuration parameters (data type is 2 Byte DEC):
• default value 300 = 300s
• 0 - reporting disabled
• 1 - 32535 = 1second - 32535 seconds.
Reporting enabled. Power report is send with time
interval set by entered value.

If anyone is using Qubino products i’ve got a few handlers available on the link below. I plan to also update them to use the new child device mechanism as is used in Eric’s handlers (check them out, they work great).

Note: due to custom attributes used i suggest using CoRE to automate your things with these DHs.

@Kjamsek do you have a device handler for the flush thermostat module from qubino? I have a FCU unit at home and i would like to power the output to switch On/Off the thermostat based on the space temperate reading of the temperature sensor.
really appreciate it if you could point me the right direction.