Pushcut API - How to integrate smart notifications

I just released the brand new Web API for Pushcut, and my intention is to offer everything that is needed to integrate Pushcut with SmarthThings.

Here is the documentation. <- You can even play around with the API through the web UI.

The primary use is to send smart notifications with dynamic content and automation actions to your iOS devices.

However, I think the coolest part is the possibility to register you own (local network) webhooks as “online actions” in Pushcut.

I assume this way we could trigger SmartThings automations as a response - directly from the notification action - on your local network.

So, you could send a notification asking: “Should I turn off the lights?” and there could be dynamic Yes/Dim/No options that actually do it. Or you could say “TV was turned on, should I open the remote app?”, or open a web dashboard or something like that.

I believe there are many situations where fully automatic is not feasible, but a “quick action” on your phone at the right time is the best experience. This type of interaction is the reason I created Pushcut: for “semi-automation”, where you are given the right options at the right time.

I have very little experience with SmartThings myself, so at the moment I am no where near ready to develop for it.

What would be the best way to connect Pushcut with SmartThings? Is anyone interested in collaborating on an integration?

See if these give you any ideas…There are a couple of different methods discussed. :sunglasses:

FAQ: How to Trigger IFTTT Applets with iOS 12’s New Shortcuts App and Siri

What I am most interested in is how to best wrap the registration/removal of a local “REST hook” with the Pushcut API, so that you can trigger SmartThings automations from notification directly in a way that is easy to set up - ideally without copying any URL around manually…

Smartthings does not support local communications from third parties. Never has. Everything has to go through the cloud. Even smartthings’ own notifications come from the cloud.