Problems With SHM/Routines

I agree with most, they need to place focus on stability, because if these frequent issues continues, loyal customers, as in myself, will not invest any further and look at other alternatives. Every update, new issues arise, this is not a system you can currently rely on. And what bothers me the most, I’m sure they are aware of the mass issues we are all experiencing and no notice has been sent out. I mentioned this before and it makes me believe SmartThings has no Change Management process, because new features and updates should be tested and approved in a DEV environment before going into PROD.

4 Likes

This is a timeless statement. That is, this statement has been made over and over here for a couple of years. Or, put another way, the truths said have been true for a couple of years, since from when there was first much of a user base.

Go figure. No one on the outside can figure it out, why this is and remains.

Thanks for responding… clearly not your fault at all and I greatly appreciate Smarttiles. I think it actually demonstrates that the problem is the link between the Smartthings server and our hubs. The server is disarming properly but not the local hub causing all these false alarms.

1 Like

Both my Routine and push notification are working when I got home. How about yours?

I can’t even manually disarm SHM. This is total BS. Had to unplug my hub just to keep my alarm from going off over and over.

Have you tried first Arming it? Set it to whichever Arm it isn’'t currently stuck on… then try to Disarm it. For example, if it’s stuck on Army Stay, set it to Arm Away, and then disarm.

Yeah, I figured out that trick last time everything went to shit. Seems to at least be changing it in the back end now, but still shows the incorrect state in the app.

@swamplynx, yeah this whole situation is frustrating. I would have unplugged the thing early this morning if I hadn’t been on my way to work. I’ve had really good luck with ST so far (just a couple minor things), so this being the first major issue was annoying.

I’ll find out when I get home from work. Crossing my fingers.

1 Like

To put a fine point on this statement, if I was ST I would take it as a throwaway statement. Why? It doesn’t impact them. You are likely, like most of us here, buying lots of things from lots of vendors and not just ST items. At least no-one I know buys only ST devices very long after the initial hub package. Their support needs grow without bottom line growth from the support of external devices. Tgauchat and lots of others have discussed the business model before.

In that light, I continue to invest in my home, because its standard zwave, zigbee, etc and I can swap to another vendor if I need sometime. ST is not getting direct benefit, but I am.

Looking through the lens that way makes me feel much better about things. Investing in my home…errrrr…hobby!

ST is looking through the lens of sales, market share, and the rest using this community, its developers, and others to shore up a marketing plan to bring revenues and new users in.

Once we are on board, they have less incentive to worry about us, they are still focused on growth. This is to much chagrin of engineering teams I am sure, and this scenario is played out over and over around the tech world. Growth before stability. Alex and I went back and forth that ST would change after buyout, and it has despite his protests. Not his fault either, it just changes.

So invest in your home, your hobby, and throw in a ST device purchase every 7-9 devices like I do as a thank you. :slight_smile:

Hi there! Since Friday I am getting empty entries in my “Notifications” area before each proper notification. (see attached image).

Any idea why they are happening, or how I can find out?

I’m glad I am not the only one! I thought it was me playing with smartapps!

Yeah I was messing around with a few smart apps, but after this started happening I removed them all again and it didn’t seem to stop it!

I am getting blank notification log entries also, seems to be associated with mode changes.

Sorry guys, didn’t mean to close the thread… Discourse is acting funny today. Same thing happened on another thread. earlier. :frowning:

Everything worked normally when I got home. I got the push notification that I had arrived and my SHM successfully disarmed.

3 Likes

I just tested Arming and Disarming through SHM and Routines. it is working as of now. i will arm before going to bed and disarm tomorrow and see if it works.

i have set to arm if all the presence leaves and disarm if anyone come home. have check how this fires up. i am waiting for notifications to works when i use SHM and Routines. right now i am using Rule Machine to get the notification only.

Still i have get my rooms in rooms tab. if i don’t get it i think i have to delete the things from rooms and reset and config again,

hope some one from support solves the issue, as of now no one replied to ticket yet.

That’s the problem with this system, works one day then not the next.

I tried to be patient with this platform, but like many here and their experiences with the SHM it’s just plain garbage. I stopped buying things already…never been this bad for me until recently.

Sorry SmartThings, I can no longer be an advocate for your product.

1 Like

Today my routine “Good Bye” works, but receive 3 push notifications (of same routine) but not SMS.

At least the actions are working…lol

Hey smartthings how about some sort of indication that your working on this and the progress if any? I know you are following the thread because someone “accidentally” closed and reopened it.

A little communication would be nice.

1 Like