Problems With SHM/Routines

This morning the Routines Notifications are back to Normal but I still did not get a Push message.

Having very similar issues with SHM. Won’t disarm most times as well. Tried almost everything including removing SHM smartapp and reinstalling. Emailed support a few day’s ago and haven’t heard back. Issues seemed to start after the last hub update. Weird thing is that Smarttiles shows that system is disarmed but iOS app still shows armed and the system will go off if a door is opened.

Also had some weirdness with some of my motion and contact sensors showing wrong status in the app. I.E. this morning showed the slider door contact open but looking back at the history last event showed it closed yesterday. Opening and closing it updated it to the correct state. This happened with a motion sensor yesterday as well. Showing constant motion even though last event was motion stopped.

This issue seems to have started for me around late afternoon (EST) on Friday 3/11. Did it happen around the same time for others?

Yes. Everything was working fine Friday morning when I left for work. I even got push notifications. Friday evening was when I noticed nothing was working right.

Well looks like now (as posted above) the notification of a routine is working in the app but I’m not getting a push message

At least there’s some progress.

Still getting blank notifications in Android when Routines run, but not having any SHM issues (I’m on v1 hub). Is anyone with v1 experiencing the SHM issues reported here?

All I know is, the “boss” wouldn’t talk to me this morning, not necessarily a bad thing, but I digress. For the last 2 morning I got up an hour before she did & when I opened the basement door the lights came on in our bedroom and 10 others around the house, thus waking her up.

Just running a V1 hub, IOS with nothing complicated. When I turn on the kitchen light in the morning SHM is suppose to switch from good night to good morning. (arm/stay to disarm)

I just got a support response that said they’re working on the issue, and to move all things located in the “Security” section of SHM, to “Custom.”

Correct me if I’m wrong, but “Custom” doesn’t show up on the SHM dashboard to Arm or Disarm.

Correct it won’t show on the dashboard but you can set each rule for a mode.

Thanks for the work around
 I’ll give it a try.

Darn! Sorry

Just to be accurate: SmartThings does not provide any official/supported/permitted interface API for SHM to SmartApp developers (except for special partners like Scout
).

So the use of SHM in SmartTiles is at your own risk. Consider it completely experimental.

I’m seeing this bonkers “More Options” blurb in the notifications stream as well. WTF is going on here?

It amuses me greatly that they broke this during SXSW too. Always around a big event and daylight savings time, assume insanity will occur.

1 Like

I received a reply from Support re the blank notifications (or “More Options” on iOS), assuring me that “Engineers are working around the clock to fix this” (emphasis added). Right

2 Likes

I hope ST is not stupid enough to put their demo on a real time production system, million things can go wrong during a demo. If they did, they are clueless and hopeless.
BTW, this is not amusing at all when I cannot get in and out of my house without triggering the siren even the system indicates the alarm was disarm.:tired_face:

I can concur with that, I forgot my sarcasm font.

1 Like

It is definitely not unusual for companies to demo on live production systems, particularly if the demo is of (a) only currently available functionality, not features under development, and (b) not a stress test but a scripted set of typical uses.

Given those conditions, it would be disingenuous to not demo on the live system.

SmartThings runs into problems from time to time at hackathons with dozens of teams creatively pushing the platform.

I wonder how Scout is handling all these SHM false alarms from SmartThings customers who paid for 24/7 monitoring? If they try charging them penalty fees (common in the industry), I predict a class action suit against ST (and possibly their parent company, Samsung).

2 Likes

On the bright side, it might mean this gets fixed faster.

Unfortunately, no it doesn’t.