Problems With SHM/Routines

I’ve been experiencing problems with SHM being unresponsive since the late February incident, and I’ve tried all the fixes. I’m only using smart things now until I can find another security hub that will pair with my z-wave devices I bought for this over the years :(.

What worked for me was to remove SHM and reinstall it using Custom rules. The only difference is that you can’t manually arm and disarm, but at least it works.

I would like to know how this issue affect the ones using the Scout integration. Hope things aren’t going as bad for them.

I still don’t understand how it is possible that most of the ST updates end up causing such a big problem in the platform. Last year the whole mainstream media and Internet gave Wink a very hard time when they bricked their hubs because of an update. You would think the rest of the companies would pay attention and learn about that, since it was what eventually led Quirky to file for bankruptcy.

ST hasn’t bricked our hubs with an update in the same fashion, but about every two or so months they push an update that will soft brick our hubs. Sure, we don’t have to send them to ST and have them fix it for us, but we do have serious downtime of the system because of it. With this current issue, I was having almost two months of having my system without any major mishaps. Now, SHM is back to being useless, routines are not running, and I am even getting a very weird behaviour from my Zigbee devices.

ST, please up your game. Just two weeks ago, many people were happy when @ashutosh1982 published his ST 29-day evaluation. Even your CEO, Alex, magically appeared by the forums at that moment. But I guess we just got ahead of ourselves, because the evaluation happened to be during one of the ST good seasons.

2 Likes

I’m using Scout integration. With this latest set of mishaps I had to turn SHM off all together. I got texts all night, and phone calls yesterday from Scout a couple of times. I can’t be wasting their time as they may need to help someone for real. Not just calling me because a door opened in my house and there is nothing I can do to turn the system to disarm. We got Smartthings for the security the home automation was a bonus…Not the case this week.

2 Likes

ST selling wink hubs since 3/11/2016 :imp:

I have an intruder condition on my Smart Home Monitor, caused by someone coming home but the hub not registering their presence before they opened the door.

I am unable to disarm the system, or dismiss the message. The Smart Home Monitor screen shows “Loading…” for the status panel, and each of the “Security”, “Smoke”, and “Leaks” sections show “Loading”.

I am running Windows Mobile 10.

Experiencing the same problem and seeing the same “loading” on Windows Phone, Android Phone and iPhone. :sweat:

Try setting SHM to 'Arm (Stay)" first, then to ‘Disarm’.

But I can’t SEE any of the Arm, Disarm, Stay functions.

1 Like

I would like too but can’t do doo doo.

Yeah… that’s a problem… What if you switch pages back and forth, can you get it to load properly?

I was having the same problem in the iOS app this morning. And SHM was really sh*tting the bed the whole time.

A door opening NOT triggering an alert or siren when SHM was armed overnight; then an alert for a door opening but no siren AFTER it was disarmed by my good morning routine; then a siren but no alert with the next door opening while SHM still disarmed.

0-3 and I couldn’t even access it in the app for a while, so it’s being totally useless. Why would anyone pay for the scout monitoring if we have to deal with BS like this?

I experienced this yesterday, I had to disable all of my routines because the hub decided I didn’t need lights and turned them off every time I turned them on, only way it would leave me alone was to remove my away routine.

Same issues here. And what do we hear from support, not a darn thing! Terrible way to relate to customers. If you have an issue at least knowledge that, don’t hide. Great way to lose a customer’s faith in a company. I have many Samsung products 2 watches, 2 Galaxy smartphones, Smartthings, but that may soon have to change. As I upgrade I will really have to take a look at other options. Too bad I use to have a higher opinion of them.

To be fair, someone from ST did respond in this thread last night…

Spoke with Support yesterday after getting called by Scout (I’ve signed up for monitoring).

To disable an Armed status, you have to fully remove your Security settings in SHM… In other words, fully remove / disable the (paid) connection to Scout. Then, Support suggests that you rebuild all lost Security routines as Custom ones, so you can be alerted to break-ins, etc.

48+ hours of full platform downtime, negating paid Security Monitoring (and thereby invalidating home insurance conditions) - Samsung needs to get off their @ss and fix this, and while doing so, provide timely (twice daily or more) meaningful updates via their status page: http://status.smartthings.com/ (last updated 3/15).

2 Likes

Venting aside (I’m well aware they’re treating this as a P0 bug), here are further thoughts on lack of comms during this downtime:

• Daily status updates should be the bare minimum. Having a last status update from two days ago is likely only fueling frustration with Users.
  • Why no in-app interstitial? Barring that, ST also has our User Email Addresses - Why no outward comms warning of the downtime, common issues, and fixes? In other words, why did I have to be called by Scout, and reach out to Support to be notified of a known, system-wide issue?

This is a company touting itself as a fully featured replacement for traditional home security, yet fails to treat outages of this magnitude with the consideration needed.

I agree. A communication email to everyone goes further than hoping someone stumbles onto an inaccurate status page. Even small, vague updates about what engineers have found or working on.

All the things not working for me today is sunrise smart lighting not turning my lights off, Gentle Wake up not firing.

I already moved Security settings to Custom, which isn’t ideal.

Maybe there’s hope:

One does lose confidence in this platform… I’ve actually considered paying for the webcam service (coming in later months) but now I’m not so sure now… There seems to constant issues and after awhile, you kinda lose trust.