Problem pairing Enerwave ZWN-RSM2

(Ian Abercrombie) #1

I bought 3 Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 dual relays on the basis that several folks seem to have made them work OK. My problem though is that I cannot get them to pair with my V1 or V2 hub. Does anybody have any tricks that I can try?
I have one sat right next to the V1 hub, 18 inches, so it is not a distance issue. I tried the reset button and flashing the Aux1 line three times as it states in the manual to put them into discover mode.

(Michael Hess) #2

All four of mine took more than one try. One or two I could get with the reset button, it only “learns” for a second after hitting it so make sure ST is already scanning, then tap it, and wait at least 20-30 seconds.

Flipping the aux 1 line three times also worked a few times, but that seemed more iffy, I actually just did it three x three x three a few times and they’d magically pair.

Distance as you stated was never an issue.

Also make sure you have the “erocm123 : Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 Dual Relay” device handler already installed.

(Ian Abercrombie) #3

Thanks for that Michael. I will give it another go when I get home at the weekend.

(Ian Abercrombie) #4

Just wanted to let you know, and to provide encouragement for anyone else, I got home this morning and put my V1 hub into discover mode. I pressed the reset button on the Enerwave ZWN-RSM2 and it immediately appeared on the hub.

The switch has been left powered on for a week whilst I was away so it is conceivable that it takes a while for it to start up but I did think I had given it enough time last weekend. The moral is, don’t give give up! Eventually it will connect.

Many thanks to Michael.