Presence Timeout

(Heath Reed) #1

What does this setting do on my hub?

(Jeff DeWolfe) #2

I also noticed this as a new setting. I’ve not changed it yet because I’m not sure what it changes. I’m wondering if it is kind of a delay before it marks you as gone or arrived to the location? Maybe @urman will know?

(Andrew Urman) #3

You can set the amount of time it takes for a presence tag to be marked absent.

So if you’re having problem with it checking in and out a lot for no reason you can set it to be longer to get rid of false positives. Or if you want it faster you can increase it. I think default is 2 minutes.

(Jeff DeWolfe) #4

Awesome, thanks for the update Andrew! Glad to see little features like this getting added. I need one for association now!

(Cory S) #5

Yep, this is handy. After I got the new zigbee outlet they are shipping I haven’t really had any issues. I also think the old zigbee outlet was causing a lot of problems with the tags as well.

(Ben) #6

I’ve been looking to reduce the timeout length to get the presence tags to show “away” faster. Would it be possible to add values less than 2 minutes? Maybe 1.5, 1, .5 minutes? I don’t see anything less than 2 minutes in the drop down.

(Cory S) #7

@bbfelts I don’t think so. Not without modifying the firmware on the presence tag. When it is “Home” it checks in every 2 minutes to conserve battery power, where as when you are away it ramps that up to every 15 seconds.

(Ajf) #8

Cory I thought they were having trouble with the Zigbee outlet and switched to a Zwave outlet, which is what my kit came with. Is there a new Zigbee outlet, because right now I’m using the ST Motion as a repeater to help get more reliable presence .

BTW, when I post using “Reply” the name of the person I’m replying to doesn’t show up. Am I doing something wrong?

(Cory S) #9

@tonyfalcone Yeah the original zigbee outlet had a ton of issues. besides a high rate of failure it seemed like it stopped repeating randomly and would make the fobs act nuts. They replaced it with a new zigbee outlet that is fantastic. It has the same zigbee radio as the hub and extends the range very far. I set mine up in the Garage on a ceiling outlet used for the lights. Main purpose being to extend over the driveway for when we pull up, but has a added bonus of controlling the lights in the garage too.

This forum is rather basic I’m afraid. To tag someone click their name and copy the @theirname tag and paste it in your reply.

(Ajf) #10

@coryds that’s exactly where I am going to put one, thanks.