(Pre-Subcategory creation) Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing

Out of Stock, EVERYWHERE! lol

Are these the sensors i can open up and attach a fabric covered wire and turn into a large area water leak detector. Thanks

@jgirvine Yes. They are. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve had 2 of these and the version with USB charger ports since Xmas. Seem to be a decent unit. The 70 has a bright led that escapes through the vents and is quite bright. Opened mine and installed a baffle. They pop up on Amazon for $20 from time to time.

I would love to see a how to on this. In another thread.

See this Picture/thread

I just discovered a mouse in my house. I’m gonna to attach one to your basic mouse trap to let me know when it’s been tripped.

8 Likes

Not quite sure if that is more ingenious or just HA gone crazy.

" Hey what was that alert on your phone ? Oh nothing, just a notification that my trap had caught the mouse in my house. "

5 Likes

I have a squirrel problem in my attic. Last spring I taped an Open/Close sensor to a HavAheart trap so that I wouldn’t have to climb up to the attic to check the trap.

3 Likes

Not quite sure if that is more ingenious or just HA gone crazy.

Eh…I don’t think it’s any more over-the-top than a Z-Wave egg tray for your fridge. :wink:

Quirky Egg Minder

4 Likes

I have 2 they’re not zwave. Probably wifi?

Yep
Quirky and GE comes the Wink Egg Minder Smart Egg Tray that adds a new level of intelligence to your everyday lives and the kitchen. The Egg Minder features a built-in Wi-Fi chip to allow it to sync up to your smart device via the Wink app.

I’m surprised nobody came up with a milk sensor based on a leak detector that help senses if your milk carton is empty yet…

Maybe. I just assumed Z-Wave (or Zigbee). Either way…

1 Like

Big difference is that the mouse trap notification will do something the eggminder never could. Actually work :wink:

6 Likes

Just fulfilling a long line of history. Building a better mouse trap

3 Likes

I bought 2 for $8.50/ea it was always my intention to tear this apart to see if I could repurpose them… But then I got ST and I don’t think it connects, and even if it does… Bigger fish to fry.

Actually I’ve thought think that a small zwave or zigbee scale that reported accurate weight would be nice for things like this.

1 Like

Already there man

5 Likes