Pre-release of Fibaro Motion Sensor

Did you take the protective tape off of the eye :slight_smile: Just kidding.

That seems very low if you can see clearly. Unless your a cat :cat2:

Lol!

I know… that surprised me too…

But I trust my Samsung Tab S to give a good reading!

And it is the same reading i get from the eye itself!

And by the way! I’m more of a dog than a cat! Lol!

1 Like

Looks like the update last night on the backend DID fix this feature…I now see the enum lists.

1 Like

Has there been any new development on this? Specifically has anyone super smart developed an app to configure these individually without the clunkiness of doing it via IDE?

https://github.com/CyrilPeponnet/smartthings/tree/master/device-handler/FibaroMotionSensor

2 Likes

This really is the cat’s meow when it comes to the Fibaro. It turns a cool sensors into, arguably, the best available for ST.

im using your code and i put the ledOnOff = Off in preferences but the led still on, i even put the brightness to 5 too and i can only change to green color :frowning: any advice? because when i want sleep sometimes i turn and the light flash and wake me up :frowning: Thanks

The Motion Sensor is a sleeping node (battery powered), so it’ll only wake and update every x number of minutes. You can force it to update by opening the device and clicking the B Button three times (the one you used to include it in the system the first time around). The eye will glow blue for a few seconds if you’ve done it correctly. That should commit any changes you’ve made to parameters, like adjusting the backlight behaviour.

Hope this helps!

Can someone explain how to get to the setting on this motion sensor? Tried to create the code above but it gives me a error ( no signature of method ) I need to adjust the sensitivity.

So I copy and paste the code above into (from code) then press ( create )

Any idea what I’m doing wrong, the fibaro is already talking to the ST v2 hub I just need to adjust the settings.

Just got my second fibre motion sensor, but I can’t get it to work.

When I try to add it, it always register as a fibaro smoke detector. I have tried to change the device type manually to the fibaro motion sensor. But the motion and vibration is always on. Temp, lux seems to be working. I have tried the official device type, and a custom I found on github.

Is there different versions of the motion sensor? My new sensor says wave plus under the battery, but my old sensor only says zwave

We just had a post about this read this whole post and you will figure it out

For anyone with new Fibaro motion sensors (V3.2)- check this thread:-

Is there anything special required to install this sensor? Each time I try to add i it comes up As a door window sensor. seems really odd. Tried several different ways to add it as well

Did you install the device code from the post just before yours ? Maybe if you have the newer versions they are mis-identified unless this device code is installed. I have the older versions and they all installed fine (I have 4) but I likely installed the device code I worked on before I added them.

yes the device will come up as a Door window sensor by default. If you have my device type in place before yoili join it should then correctly identify the device. If not just log into the device settings in the IDE and change the device handler there. Then triple click the button on the sensor and immediately hit configure. After that you should be good

I installed this device handler, but was wondering how to get it working on my already-installed Fibaro motion sensor. Note that I had to return one of the two I had purchased, as one never seemed to be able to pair as the right type of sensor - it kept saying open/close sensor (even after numerous exclusions and reinstalls). The other one is working great, but I stumbled across this device handler, published it for me, but now am wondering how to get the device to incorporate its new handler - preferably without having to reinstall the motion sensor.

Can the sensor be “rebooted” without affecting its pairing with the Smart Hub?

Any help would be appreciated. - Rob

@twack

I do not want to hijack this thread, but I found what may be a (latent) bug in the pre-release version of the Fibaro Motion Sensor Handler : I copied the Crc16Encap part of the pre-release of Fibaro Motion Sensor Handler into my own custom Fibaro FGK-101 Temperature & Door/ Window Handler, adding only a few trace points :

200 def zwaveEvent(physicalgraph.zwave.commands.crc16encapv1.Crc16Encap cmd) {
201 	log.debug "CRC16.......... cmd : ${cmd}"
202     def versions = [0x20:1, 0x30: 1, 0x31: 2, 0x60: 3, 0x70: 2, 0x72: 2, 0x84: 2, 0x9C: 1]
203 	// def encapsulatedCommand = cmd.encapsulatedCommand(versions)
204 	def version = versions[cmd.commandClass as Integer]
205     log.debug "commandClass : ${cmd.commandClass}"
206     log.debug "version : ${version}"
207 	def ccObj = version ? zwave.commandClass(cmd.commandClass, version) : zwave.commandClass(cmd.commandClass)
208     log.debug "ccObj : ${ccObj}"
209     log.debug "cmd.command : ${cmd.command}"
210     log.debug "cmd.data : ${cmd.data}"
211 	def encapsulatedCommand = ccObj?.command(cmd.command)?.parse(cmd.data)
212 	if (!encapsulatedCommand) {
213 		log.debug "Could not extract command from ${cmd}"
214 	} else {
215 		zwaveEvent(encapsulatedCommand)
216 	}
217 }

For the Fibaro FGK-101, I needed to also support the “Wake Up Interval Report” command (commandClass: 132 , command : 6) which is CRC16 encoded as well.
This same command is supported AFAIK by the Fibaro FGMS Motion Sensor as well, but the pre-release version of the Fibaro Motion Sensor Handler does not (yet ?) use it; however, would you use it in a future version, you would likely get a problem, as I did : although the Crc16Encap code works well on the FGK-101 for many other CRC16 encoded Fibaro commands, for this “Wake Up Interval Report” command I get a Groovy error :

65d38753-9a63-4066-8ae7-a717dff4459d ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎26‎ ‎PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static physicalgraph.zwave.ZwaveUtils.uint24FromBytes() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.ArrayList$SubList, java.lang.Integer) values: [[0, 14, 16, 1, 5], 0]
Possible solutions: uint24FromBytes(java.util.ArrayList, int) @ line 211 
65d38753-9a63-4066-8ae7-a717dff4459d ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎26‎ ‎PM: debug cmd.data : [0, 14, 16, 1, 5] 
65d38753-9a63-4066-8ae7-a717dff4459d ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎26‎ ‎PM: debug cmd.command : 6 
65d38753-9a63-4066-8ae7-a717dff4459d ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎26‎ ‎PM: debug ccObj : physicalgraph.zwave.commandclasses.WakeUpV1@671fb43e 
65d38753-9a63-4066-8ae7-a717dff4459d ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎26‎ ‎PM: debug version : 1 
65d38753-9a63-4066-8ae7-a717dff4459d ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎26‎ ‎PM: debug commandClass : 132 
65d38753-9a63-4066-8ae7-a717dff4459d ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎26‎ ‎PM: debug CRC16.......... cmd : Crc16Encap(checksum: 160, command: 6, commandClass: 132, data: [0, 14, 16, 1, 5]) 
65d38753-9a63-4066-8ae7-a717dff4459d ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎26‎ ‎PM: debug Parsing... 'zw device: 08, command: 5601, payload: 84 06 00 0E 10 01 05 A0 ' 
65d38753-9a63-4066-8ae7-a717dff4459d ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎26‎ ‎PM: debug --------------------------Parsing... ; state.parseCount: 24-------------------------- 

I tried both versions (line 202 : 0x84: 2 or 0x84: 1) for the “Wake Up Interval Report” command, no difference.
I have no idea if it is a bug in Todd’s code, or something irregular within the Fibaro FGK-101 (and likely within the Fibaro FGMS too), but the fact is that I get this error and have no idea how to correct it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi ,

I just got one of those and i was wondering what is the best way to have it integrated with ST with the ability of configuring the LED and motion sensitivity parameters , i can see that the official integration does not have configuration part , am i missing anything ?
if there is a different code , thanks to share the link

I cannot seem to change the Device Handler to this new one that I created by copying the code provided. I do not see the new Device Handler under TYPE when I try to EDIT the device. What am I missing?

Try this code, it’s for Fibaro sensor v3.2