PowerMeter capability - negative values will be displayed as "Out of range" in detailView

Hi,

I’ve noticed that the powerMeter capability reports “Out of Range” except for negative values in the detail view.
On the dashboard view, they were correctly shown as a negative value.

Is this a bug or do I need to set a range somehow? The ActivePower attribute has the data type " Int16", so it should work out of the box.

Thank you in advance.

you may want to include the version of the app :slight_smile:

Sure :slight_smile:

On both devices 1.8.00.22

Hello @nayelyz

Is this something that your team can reproduce?
I’m playing around with the Aeotec HEM Gen5 right now and when I change the clamping direction, the HEM reports negative values. It would be great to fix this somehow - maybe it’s just a presentation configuration that can be done in the driver?

Yes, there’s already a request to change the range in the presentation by default, but there’s no ETA for that.

However, if you’re developing an integration, you can create a custom device configuration to overwrite the range of the capability presentation. For example, this is a part of the configuration for the thermostatCoolingSetpoint capability, the properties that make the trick are key and range. In key, you need to put the attributeName.value, otherwise, it won’t work:

{
    "component": "main",
    "capability": "thermostatCoolingSetpoint",
    "version": 1,
    "values": [
      {
        "key": "coolingSetpoint.value",
        "range": [
        ],
        "step": 1
      }
    ],
    "patch": [],
    "exclusion": []
}

Once you create this custom device presentation, you’ll get a VID which you can put in your Edge driver’s profile:

name: dummyThermostat.v1
components:
- id: main
  capabilities:
  - id: thermostatMode
    version: 1
  - id: thermostatHeatingSetpoint
  - id: thermostatCoolingSetpoint
  categories:
    - name: Thermostat