Post Requests for Zigbee Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

I hope this is the right place to ask. I’m looking for a ST Edge Driver for a Zigbee temp/humid sensor with display from aliexpress. It’s working with the Tuya App without problems of course. I already installed the Personal Tuya Devices Driver and Zigbee Thing Mc, but the problem is this:

• I can find the device with “scan nearby” and add it
  • I get some generic information, e.g. that it is using the ef00 cluster
  • but that is the only time the sensor sends data, the first and last time
  • when it’s "paired’, it get’s stuck and no more updates are send and even the data on the device’s display gets no update and stays the same
  • internal name is TZE204_upagmta9 (manufacturer) and TS0601 (model)

some deep search led me to HA integrations and that the device seems to be “waiting” for some command and that’s why it stays in a freeze-state or endless loop.

more information here Tuya ZTH05 sensor Humidity & temperature · Issue #19137 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub and [Device Support Request] TS0601 _TZE204_upagmta9 Tuya outdoor temperature and humidity sensor · Issue #2694 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub
datapoints could be taken from here WIP feat: Tuya datapoints modernExtend by kirovilya · Pull Request #6733 · Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman-converters · GitHub

is it even possible to make such “custom” pairing steps with a st edge driver?

Got a Maxcio Door/Window Sensor that connects as a Zigbee Thing. Can you add this please?

Thanks!

Manufacturer: _TZ3000_bdoswav6
Model: TS0203
FingerPrinted_EndPoint.Id: 0x01
App Version: Unknown
ZCL Version: Unknown
Network ID: 0x2EC3
Zigbee EUI: A4C138FC84DF0750
Device ID: 1a676021-a9a8-49f1-afc2-3e4ffa064c9b

Server Cluster:
Ep: 0x01={ 0001,0003,0500,0000 }

Client Clusters:
Ep: 0x01={ 0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,1000,0019,
000A }

Signal Metrics:

Added to this driver version

Install this driver version in your hub
uninstall and reinstall device to new profile assigned and device configured
Do not perform a driver change

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Zigbee Contact Mc
 Version      2024-09-25T09:20:27.684115974        
- id: "_TZ3000_bdoswav6/Close Sensor"
    deviceLabel: Maxcio Contact Sensor
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_bdoswav6
    model: TS0203
    deviceProfileName: contact-battery-profile
1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo is there anything possible to create a working driver for my case I mentioned above for TZE204_upagmta9 ?

Sorry, I don’t have any temperature driver that works with the EF00 cluster and I don’t know how they work.

It should work with Tuya personal EF00 cluster driver.

I can’t find anything in the link you posted.

I thought I read that selecting °C or °F on the sensor would start working.

I’m looking for a driver for this. It’s a 3 gang light switch which I’ve just fitted. I did add all of the Mariano drivers to the hub and as you can see it could use the thing or thing mc, however neither of them give me switches and the thing mc gives me a garbled readout in the smart things app.

https://wifi-smart-home.co.uk/zigbee-three-gang-pure-glass-wifi-smart-switch-no-neutral/

It’s that device there. Thanks!

Name         Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Mc     
 Version      2024-09-25T21:14:38.063951673        
- id: "TS0013/_TZ3000_5e5ptb24"
    deviceLabel: Wifi Smart Home Three Switch
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_5e5ptb24
    model: TS0013
    deviceProfileName: three-switch
1 Like

This worked! It’s even got an “all on/off” function as well as the 3 individual switches. Thank you. I will also let the manufacturer know.

1 Like

Thanks so much, works great!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Problems using Zigbee multi switch mc

sorry for my ignorance but i dont understand how to pair chosing a driver version ? pair using web interface or Android app ? Android Smarthing app being latest 1.8.18.21 … thanks

There is only one version of the driver installed on the hub, usually the latest one that exists on the channel from which it was downloaded.

When a new version of the driver is released (date and time of compilation) it will be automatically installed on the hub within a maximum of 12 hours.

You can see the version of the driver installed on the hub, driver menu. Find the driver and click on it and you will see this information.

You can also see it in the driver menu of a device that is paired with the driver.

thanks that quick answer ! : your answer is about seeing/verify current drivers : i dont have the “Zigbee Multi Switch and Child Mc” nore the Edge Driver Beta … my hub is into auto/update mode and i dont know how to add any driver ? i usually find my way in computer/cell but not this time ouiinnn my hub is a V3

all custom edge drivers are added in the same way.

you get the link to the author’s “channel”, typically from a thread in this forum, but maybe from a blog post or the device manufacturer or github.

You follow that link and subscribe to the channel.

Then select the specific edge driver you want to have downloaded to The specific hub you want to download it to. (some people have more than one hub with different edge drivers on each.)

The edge driver will then be automatically downloaded to that hub. It usually happens right away, but some people have reported waits of a couple of hours the first time.

And that’s that. After that, the edge driver will show up in the information for that hub in your account. and as long as you are subscribed to it, it will be automatically updated when the author makes updates.

It sounds like you might benefit from reading the community FAQ on edge drivers. The official documentation is pretty sparse.

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

2 Likes

thanks ! i’v finally found some links to Mariano Mc drivers and suceed with my Ikea Badring sensor
i feel like i’m back in 1999 dealing with Windows95-98 drivers :rofl:
this is the direct link for Mariano Mc drivers :

Now i’m trying to get my Aeotec Energy Gen5 meter to work using Aeotec channel, still not working
this is the direct link to Aeotec Drivers channel :

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo I am trying to install several Tuya Zigbee Moisture sensors. I have added both the Zigbee Moisture Sensor Mc and Zigbee Thing MC drivers, however only the Zigbee Thing MC is appearing as an option when selecting the driver, I cannot select the Moisture Sensor Driver. Is it possible to add this device to the Moisture sensor driver?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Aaron_Beatty

In your screensot i can’t see de manufacturer code. “TZ3000…”

What a fast reply! :slight_smile:

Manufacturer Code

_TZ3000_bzt33cyu

Name         Zigbee Moisture Sensor Mc
 Version      2024-10-01T22:28:13.751566409        
- id: "_TZ3000_bzt33cyu/TS0207"
    deviceLabel: Tuya Water Sensor
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_bzt33cyu
    model: TS0207
    deviceProfileName: moisture-battery
2 Likes

Amazing - works perfectly. Thank you for your help.