PlayBulbs - Bluetooth Speakers meet LED Lightbulbs

(Ben Edwards) #1

Anyone see these?

http://www.playbulbs.com/en/index.html

Very interesting. Wonder how bad they sound.

(Brian Smith) #2

I saw them a little bit earlier today. I’m guessing that if they are in a recessed light can, it might help a bit since it’ll funnel the sound out. However, that does not speak to the quality of the speaker! :smile:

(Ben Edwards) #3

Also wondering how they stay in sync if you have multiple (or if they don’t)

(Geko) #4

May not be ideal for music, but should be fine for voice. Talking bulbs? Interesting idea…

(Tim Slagle) #5

Unfortunately they have exactly zero tech infomation lol. The important question is, if i have more than one do i have to pick which bulb i play my music on? Could be a nice alrernative to sonos for pure voice stuff though.

(Brian Smith) #6

Wow, how did I not think of that. Stupendous idea. Now, maybe that Hub v2 will include some bluetooth and we’ll be good? :smile:

(Matt) #7

This is awesome! I just bought two Hue bulbs and plan to buy 1 or 2 more for notifications of events, I want Ubi but buying multiples of those will get spendy. But this is amazing light + audio! I’ve already spent my budget this month on HA stuff but one of these may happen next month.

(Virucyde) #8

I’m more interested in this:
AwoX StriimLIGHT WiFi Color

Dimmable, variable color, wifi-connected, speaker-embedded standard socket bulbs. Just add a motion sensor and you’ve found the SmartHome’s Holy Grail.