Today we have released an update to the SmartThings platform. As you may know, we release platform updates regularly — almost every week.
Often we do this without giving any notice to the SmartThings community. Sometimes this makes sense — we may not share internal refactorings or incremental feature work that we’re not ready to release in full yet, as examples.
However, we want to do a better job communicating the changes.
Platform Update - Release Notes (1/28/2015)
- Performance improvements for the IDE. Just like you, many of us spend a good amount of time in the IDE. We’ve made several performance improvements we’re excited about (and think you will be too):
- Faster IDE page load time for SmartApps and Device Types
- Faster Location selection time in the IDE simulator
- Faster SmartApp simulation startup time.
- Fixed a bug where deleting a user didn’t delete the user’s SmartApps
- Fixed a bug that prevented the Hue Connect app from being uninstalled
- Deleting the last child app of a service manager now deletes the service manager itself.
- Fixed the issue of the arguments property being null when looping over commands (as discussed here: The next developer call will be on 1/14)
We’ve also updated some of our developer documentation, including:
- Updated the SmartApp State section.
- Updated Groovy the SmartThings Language topic: Now part of the introduction, includes more information about the Groovy Sandbox, and a few Groovy tips/things to look for.
- Added brief discussion about runEveryXMinutes to the Scheduling section.
- Fixed up a few typos, other minor docs changes.