Philips Hue Tap dial switch, portable Hue Go lamp, and fully customizable track lighting

Signify just announced a new Philips Hue Tap dial switch, portable Hue Go lamp, and fully customizable track lighting

Cool stuff. :sunglasses: I like that the new Tap dimmer is also available in black.

@blueyetisoftware , what do you think are the chances of the new Tap Dial switch working with an Edge Driver? Unlike the original Tap, this one does not use Green Energy clusters: it appears to be more similar to the existing Hue dimmer, just a different form. That said, spinning dials have always been tricky for SmartThings.

1 Like

I checked their API and they don’t have anything in there for the dial yet. The support for the buttons looks straight forward. I’m guessing the 3rd party API just hasn’t caught up to their product yet.

1 Like

Those dials are slick though. I may have to change out my controls. I just put Zen32s all over, but these would be much more responsive with the Hue lighting.

1 Like

There wasn’t really any clues on where to snag one of these, but if someone wants to help me get my hands on one, I will add what support I can to the Edge driver. Without the ST event framework being done, support would be limited, but I’d be happy to add it as ST rolls that out.

They were just released to market today, so it’s pretty much a pre-order anywhere that is listing them. You can sign up for notification when they’re in stock on the Hue website.

1 Like

I love this switch, currently have one in my wifes room for her hue in ceiling lights.
Went out and got another to control my other light switches and my slow self completely forgot those are setup for smartthings. i really hope this switch can be integrated into smartthings