Philips Hue, one room can’t be automated to motion alerts

Hopefully i’m posting correctly. I have a well functioning Hue system with 30+ devices including motion, door sensors and cameras. My room called “front porch” is working on cue, has its own daily automation etc HOWEVER will not work with any door sensors, camera or motion sensors. Nothing will connect to this room except its own individual daily automation. Tried deleting the room, renaming it and adding the bulbs to the new room but once again the door sensor etc says “cannot save changes” when I attempt to connect the two. Phillips bridge is functional and updated. Any ideas ?

Welcome! :sunglasses:

Just to make sure we’re all talking about the same thing, this forum was set up several years ago so that people using the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home automation platform could help each other with ideas and troubleshooting. So all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context.

The Phillips hue bridge does integrate with the Samsung SmartThings platform. (in fact, there are four different ways to create an integration, depending on whether you have a SmartThings hub or not), and There are quite a few people here using Hue devices, but they will typically be using them with routines created in the SmartThings app.

So… If you are using SmartThings, we need to ask a few questions in order to be able to help:

1. Do you have a SmartThings hub, and if so, which model?

2. can you post a screenshot of the routine that isn’t working from the SmartThings app? Maybe a screenshot of one of the routines that is working as well.

3. which of the four integration methods are you using between Phillips Hue and SmartThings: a) linked services, B) stock LAN edge driver C) matter D) community created custom edge driver?

If by chance you found this forum just by googling, and you are not using the Samsung SmartThings platform, you’ll probably get a better answer by asking in a community that focuses on Hue and doesn’t assume that you are using SmartThings.

Reddit has an active subforum dedicated to Hue that might be a good place to start.

https://www.reddit.com/r/philipshue/

Thank you so much.

1 Like