Help With Philips Hue In Cross Platform (SmartThings / HomeKit) Environment

All

I have a cross platform setup with SmartThings & HomeKit and in fact bridge SmartThings through to HomeKit (for those devices not directly supported) using HomeBridge. The question I have is around Philips Hue Motion Sensors specifically. I currently have these in HomeKit but also want to use in SmartThings. Rather than just remove from HomeKit, add to SmartThings and bridge through (for both), I wondered if its possible to connect (using the Philips Hue Hub) to both environments at the same time. Anyone tried this ?

I reached out to Philips and they weren’t able to answer this.

Thanks for any insight

If I understand your question, sure, the Phillips hue bridge will accept multiple integrations, it doesn’t care. It can connect to SmartThings and to HomeKit at same time. Quite a few of us have that configuration for Hue lights.

The problem, however, is that there is no official SmartThings integration for the Hue motion sensor. So it is not exposed to SmartThings through the official hue bridge integration.

There are some unofficial methods you can try, with some people reporting success and some not.

The following is the one which is most likely to be able to work at the same time that the motion sensor also works with HomeKit. Ask any follow on questions about it in that thread,

@JDRoberts, thanks so much for the reply. A little better than I thought then in respect to be able to use cross platform at the same time but like you said, shame the motion sensor is not fully supported in ST at this time.

1 Like