Period of time doesn't work

It started working correctly after the latest update to the app. I’m not sure if there was a firmware update that was released the same time that fixed it, or what made it work.

Hi, I have the exact same issue !
As I see from the comments, there is no solution/ explanation.

I have the latest apps, since I’ve got the hub only about a week ago, so that’s not an issue.

Like the OP, I am also surprised that so few people have this issue - how are you setting location modes if not using this automation?

All I want is for location mode to be Home if someone IS present during the day and Night if someone IS present during the night, in order to be able to further automate light behaviour differently between day and night when someone is at home.

IF nobody’s at home, location mode should be away regardless of whether day or night.

It started working after an update. See screenshots for the way I have it setup. No issues for two months or so.

HI
it looks like you actually have 2 automations: one for arrival during night and one for night activation if anyone is already at home when you want the Night mode to start - I was just thinking about this when I saw you reply.

apparently when setting a period of time, the engine does not constantly evaluate if anyone is at home, so for example if I come home at 8 PM and stay until next day at 8 AM, just the first automation would not change the mode at 8.30 PM, even though I am at home

that is why it is needed a second automation to force it to evaluate if at a specific time (8.31 in your case) there is anyone at home

the wording “Anyone is at my home” is misleading, it should say “Anyone arrives at my home” and all would be clear.

well at least there is a solution, thanks.