PEQ at Best Buy

I saw this and bought a bunch here in Atlanta. So they were on sale Thursday night.

I believe this motion is the exact same circuit board that STs sells. The open closed and water sensor seem to use a smaller lithium battery than the usual CR123. So they are slightly different but pair up as a ST device.

At these prices this is a good reason to go crazy and have sensor overstock at your house!

Cant believe I just saw this, anyone know when the sale stops. I am stopping on my way home tonight.

My understanding is that this is the new pricing.

2 Likes

WOW, if that the case then the prices are awesome!!!

Thanks for responding.

I cleaned out the moisture sensors at our local BB, and bought a couple other devices also. I thought the PEQ thermostats (Centralite Pearl) were cheap at $160 when I bought them a couple months ago. At the current $99 itā€™s a steal!

2 Likes

For those that have the PEQ Thermostat, are you just using battery power or are you using the c wire to power the unit.

Are you guys buying it 'coz of the sale or because they are good? :wink:

@DarcRanger If you donā€™t want to run on batteries and running a C is a pain, then here is an adapter which is small and can power nearly any thermostat. I am using it for CT100. If you are handy enough, you can hide the wires too. It comes with the wires attached. The bad news is that it is mostly sold out everywhere. The two CT100ā€™s were hogging the batteries like crazy because of obvious reason.

I use batteries. I have free wires in the bundle, so I suspect I can hook up a common, but since my previous thermostat used batteries, I just stuck with that.

As far as I can tell, the motion sensor, water sensor and open/close sensor are the same stuff that SmartThings sell (Centralite). All the devices paired as SmartThings sensors.

I bought three recently because they are good enough at that price for me to add some sensors in places where I hadnā€™t been able to cost justify them before. For example, I have a cabinet that often gets left open when a particular aide is here. Itā€™s in a place thatā€™s difficult for me to get to in the wheelchair, and I hate having to go check it every single time sheā€™s here. Sometimes several times that day. So now Iā€™ve added a sensor there. :blush:

2 Likes

Do you have it on ST and poll them? Is the battery usage good?

If I buy one more device, missus is going to throw me outā€¦ :frowning: I have already been warned.

2 Likes

Any luck getting these sensors in SoCal? I tried calling best buy and they say they do not carry them in the storeā€¦

Just scored a motion sensor and water sensor for $25 and $20 :smile: They only had one motion sensor so I am going to try another BB this weekend. I was looking to add motion to my setup but didnā€™t have the money.
These do look the same as the ST brand and I must have missed it in the post that the motion sensor (and water sensor I think) also have temperatureā€¦double score!! The motion sensor paired up just fine as a SmartSense, I havenā€™t done the water sensor yet.

Does anyone know if the door sensor has temperature or not?

+1 in the Seattle area.

The one I got did! :blush:

4 Likes

Picked up 2 motion sensors in capitola ca at the sale price. Awesomeness!

2 Likes

Just got a few things in San Francisco South of Market store. I got the last Water Sensor, I think. Iā€™m tempted to get more Motion Sensors but want to see how well this model works compared to the original plug-in version and/or Monoprice. A few door contact sensors were a must-buy.

I passed on the $99 Thermostat. Looks decent, but Iā€™d prefer passive LCD so the room temp is always visible (I think PEQ requires a touch to wake-up, right?).

Yes, it requires a touch to activate the display. Both our thermostats are not where we pass them all the time, so it doesnā€™t bother me at all that I have to touch to see the settings. We have weather station consoles in the kitchen and bedroom that displays the inside temp within easy view.