Pair 2Gig GC3 as secondary

(Clinton W) #1

I am trying to connect my 2gig GC3 alarm.com panel to smartthings. I go to the app and try to add a device (I plugged the hub in next to the panel) and I go to the section on the panel that says listening for the primary hub. Nothing happens. What am I doing incorrectly?

(Clinton W) #2

Here is the other image from the panel.

You’ve got it backwards…the secondary controller wouldn’t be paired to the hub but instead directly to the devices. Z wave allows for multiple controllers on the same network but the controllers don’t talk to each other, the devices simply talk to both controllers. I believe what you are seeing there is to add another 2gig panel as the primary so that you can have 2 of the same panel talking to each other. Not a secondary z wave controller.

(Clinton W) #4

Yes but everyone is stating they connected the 2gig to the smartthings to access the alarm functions etc.

Please forgive any typos written from my iPhone

Everyone is stating this? Could you provide a link to the forum post for that because I couldn’t find one. This is the closest I’ve come and it uses alarm.com, IFTTT and your email to get it to work. Not very secure IMHO.

(Clinton W) #6

https://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/2gig-and-smartthings-v2-integration/