Osram/Sylvania Lightify (it works)

From my experience with Osram bulbs and the Osram Gateway (before I bought my ST), the firmware update added the fade effect. So while you might be able to force them to fade with ST, the bulb firmware should do it - just make sure you update all the bulbs.

I do have a couple BR30 bulbs that I upgraded and somehow are still acting as if they don’t have the update. Osram support said it happens once in a while and the problem should be fixed with the next firmware update (no clue when it’ll be released).

BTW, the latest firrmware update enables some cool features if you have the Osram Gateway: vacation mode, wake-up light, TV simulation, color loops, etc. I’m sure these can be replicated with CoRE, but they’re one click buttons in the Lightify app. If anyone knows of an easy way to replicate these in ST, I’m all ears!

1 Like

I’ve found this DTH to work great with most OSRAM RGBW products:

4 Likes

Whoa, you’re my hero! Not only do I have better colors (couldn’t quite pick the deep colors in ST before), but I also made my first device handler!

PS. What’s the lowest color temperature these bulbs support? I saw it listed as both 1900 and 2700. I think I saw 1900 on the Lightify app at some point, but the lowest I see it in ST is 2700 (even with this new DTH).

1 Like

I believe 2700 is the lowest…the A19’s packaging indicate as such

Yup, I see that - strange that the Amazon and Lowe’s listings have it as 1900K.

I’ll pair a bulb to the Osram Gateway tomorrow and see if it goes down to 1900 …

Can someone please help. After the latest hub update I lost control of my 3 lightify rgbw strips. I deleted them as devices through the ide and now im unable to pair. Ive reset each, 3 blinks upon repower up, but smartthings doesnt see the device while trying to add thing.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: Correction, ignore general device exclude, I forgot it doesn’t apply to Zigbee

I believe since you deleted from IDE instead of from app, you should do a general device exclusion on those bulbs from the app, then re-add them. I would follow that section of the below:
https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/200878314-How-to-exclude-Z-Wave-devices

Only applies to Z-Wave.[quote=“Jbeck21, post:628, topic:11548”]
Any thoughts?
[/quote]

Reset again. 5 sec off 5 on 5 times (or something like that). Then you should be able to add them. The 3 flashes means reset. It’s been a long while, but I thought they flashed colors when successfully added to ST. Anyway, after the reset, try and re-add them.

In the future, don’t delete them, just go through the motion of re-adding them and ST will re-find them and things should be OK. I haven’t had to do this for probably 6 months. Mine have been pretty stable for awhile. Good luck.

Oops, my bad, I forgot…

3 flashes should mean already cleared and device not attached to the hub. I had an issue with one bulb tI’ll I got the firmware updated, had to move the hub close to it to attach and update, once done all good and hub back to its home.

Thanks everyone! Moving the device close to the hub did the trick. Now lets try to update the firmware :slight_smile: .

1 Like

OK, one more question on these OSRAM bulbs that I haven’t seen asked yet. The Lightify app can set a default color and brightness on each bulb. When the bulb loses power (someone toggles the wall switch) and it’s turned back on, the bulb will go to the new default (instead of 2700K, 100% brightness). This default is lost when you reset the bulb and add it to ST

Is there a way to add the default color and brightness in ST?

No but there a smart app for it I believe.

Does anyone have the 15" Flush Mount Lightify fixture? (https://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-72567-Daylight-2700K-6500K-Adjustable/dp/B01LYN5UIO?th=1)
I am curious:

1. There are not many photos of it online that are not the same stock product photo - is the ring around the outside a copper color?
  2. Will the existing tunable white device handler work for it?

Great App. Just what I was looking for. Trying to get Alexa to change Color Temp. So now I will look at Rule engine to control the 1 master.

So I now have one bulb that works fine (other than Alexa says it isn’t responding all the time). The other bulb responds to me in the app (on/off, sliders) except the state is always stuck as “Turning on” or “Turning off”. The IDE says it is “off” when it is clearly on. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Should I be using a different DTH (currently ZigBee White Color Temperature Bulb)?

Unless something changed Alexa can not change color or temp. GH can change color but I never tried temp. I think it can because I have said change to soft white and it did.

I have something similiar Hampton Bay 12in.. I’m using the tunable white device handler and it works just fine so I asssume it will work with the sylvania

1 Like

I have 3 bulbs acting up in the same way. Although the bulbs are 100% responsive to the ST smartphone app, CoRE automations involving turning those bulbs OFF have been failing left and right lately.

I found to get the hub close unit till the firmware updates, if still having trouble then stategically place amother unit between it and the hub to act as a repeater. Need to strengthen your zigbee mesh/network. I put a cheap $10 GE Link bulb between hub and bulbs and all cleared up. May have to go into IFE and toggle your zigbee device firmware auto update option. Mine are perfect with a cheap repeater (ge bulb). No sense in wasting money on an actual repeater.

1 Like